Keyword

Is it possible to mass add a tag in all items of one category?!

• B_Dark
  • B_Dark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #97132 by B_Dark
i believe only with sql command is the solution. i search in my sql database but i don't know how to do. any help plz?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97133 by Andrea Vigato
In jos_k2_tags_xref you have the reference between a tag and a item.

just a query with your id of the mass tag (tagID column) related to the itemID (the post)...

• B_Dark
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #97134 by B_Dark
and if you want all the items of one category with a specific tag?

Andrea Vigato said:

just a query with your id of the mass tag (tagID column) related to the itemID (the post)...

More
13 years 3 months ago #97135 by Andrea Vigato
so do the query when the user add an item in a certain category....

first check the category id, if it's the category you want do the query to set a specific tagID to the item the user it's creating...i think you must use form.php in com_k2/views/tmpl, don't remember now...

B_Dark said:

Andrea Vigato said:

• B_Dark
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #97136 by B_Dark
a specific tag in all items of a specific category. like tag "Trailer" in all items of category "Cinema"

B_Dark said:
Andrea Vigato said:

More
13 years 3 months ago #97137 by Andrea Vigato
yes, as i said...right before user is adding a new item you have to check the cat id he choosed, if it's "Cinema" category add the query to set the tagID to the item...

• B_Dark
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #97138 by B_Dark
wait in table  jos_k2_tags_xref  have 2 columns: tagID(tagID column)itemID(the post)so how i put in 600 items of category "Cinema" the tag "Trailer" with 1-2 steps and not one by one?

Andrea Vigato said:
yes, as i said...right before user is adding a new item you have to check the cat id he choosed, if it's "Cinema" category add the query to set the tagID to the item...

More
13 years 3 months ago #97139 by Andrea Vigato
you have to do it for future items or for 600 items present right now in the category cinema?

If it's for the future do the query when the user add item, if it's for now you will have to do a query and activate it from the site (just for this and then delete everything)...you will have to check where the itemID is related (to a catID) and if it's ok change the tagID. Not so difficult don't worry...

• B_Dark
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #97140 by B_Dark
for 600 items present right now in the category cinema

Andrea Vigato said:

you have to do it for future items or for 600 items present right now in the category cinema?

If it's for the future do the query when the user add item, if it's for now you will have to do a query and activate it from the site (just for this and then delete everything)...you will have to check where the itemID is related (to a catID) and if it's ok change the tagID. Not so difficult don't worry...

More
13 years 3 months ago #97141 by Andrea Vigato
because what i know of K2 tag system is that the tag is related to the item, not the category.

tagID -> itemID -> catID

So you cannot just add a tag ID to the category, you have to check the category you want if it's related to the item then add a reference of the tag you want...maybe after work i'll write you some code ok?
B_Dark said:

ok the one column tagID is the one of column part order to find the solution, the other one column itemID is for one specific item id, right? so, i don't understood how with itemID i have a solution for mass add tag "trailer" in 600 item that i have save in my category "cinema'?! sorry if i make rowng but really i don't understood how this column (itemID) is my solution
Andrea Vigato said:
no, 

id (id related to the entry of the jos_k2_tags_xref) 

tagID (id of the related Tag)

itemID (id of the related Item)

you have to use tagID and itemID, id it's not important for your question....