Keyword

K2 Item - Can be visible under any category even if not a part of that category (Serious issue)

• Dhillon
  • Dhillon's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97286 by Dhillon
Hi K2 Team,There is a serious issue we found with K2 item. Do let me know if there is a solution to it already or a way we can solve this.If we have a Joomla navigation structure such as:Politics > News (shows k2 articles from category A and is a K2 menu link to show articles from a category/ sub categories)Social > News (shows k2 articles from category B and is a K2 menu link to show articles from a category/ sub categories)Now for example there is an article called "I am title" with alias "i-am-title" in category A. As per Joomla navigation route the URL for article will be www.domain.com/politics/news/i-am-title

Now if you change the category name from politics to social in above URL it will still show the same article but will activate Social tab in the template

Is this a issue with K2 or template? We tried to find but seemed more of a navigation route issue with K2 where in if the parent categories have sub categories who name is same the above issue occurs.

What we think is K2 menu URL generation ignores the main parent if the immediate parent (category name) of the item is same for 2 different categories/ parent navigation item.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dhillon
  • Dhillon's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97287 by Dhillon
Any update or can someone link us to any possible solution?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.