Keyword

K2 Permission Options

More
13 years 3 months ago #97332 by Jesse
K2 Permission Options was created by Jesse
Hello, I am looking for some help or clarification on how K2 uses the Joomla permission system.  What I am trying to do seems simple, however I can't figure it out.

I want to setup a menu link to a K2 category that is Public, visible to everyone.  This would take you to the category page showing the items in that category. 

I want to setup the actual items to have different permissions.  Basically, if a user tried to click one of the items on the public category page they are asked to login, register, etc...

Any time that I make an item registered it disappears from the category list. 

Any ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks!

PS.  Being new to this forum I am not positive which is the correct section for such question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97333 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Permission Options
When you look at a K2 item on the right author and publishing status you see everyone, registared, and special

if you set it to registared, it will not show up in any listing unless the user is logged in

This is not exactly what you are asking for i understand, I think the fix for that will be creating an override and changing item.php to test for the level of the user and if the users is not registered display a message that tells them to log in or create an account.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97334 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Permission Options
Although you may need to clean up the code a bit an example can be foundhere

More
13 years 3 months ago #97335 by Jesse
Replied by Jesse on topic K2 Permission Options
Thank you but that is not quite what I am talking about.  I want the category view of all items to be visible to everyone.  Users would only get prompted to login if they try to view a category item in detail. 

For example, a visitor comes to the site and sees that we have a long list of "widgets".  They see a "widget" they want to learn more about and click it for details.  Since they are not registered they can't access the details and get prompted to login. Does that make better sense?