Keyword

Tienda k2 integration finally here!

• James Anderson
  • James Anderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97418 by James Anderson
Tienda k2 integration finally here! was created by James Anderson
Hi all, I have managed to install the K2 -- > Tienda product plugin. It seems to appear only on the item level. Is there anyway to activate this plugin at a category level..?

As we have magazines to sell, each mag is a category and each story is the item below, but we want the buy it here button to show on the category level or item level.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97419 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Tienda k2 integration finally here!
Hi James.

I was not aware that the K2/Tienda integration plugin was available (nothing on their Twitter feed nor site).  

Could you post a link?

(If this works similarly to other integrations I've seen, they usually work at a product=item level, not category.  You'd probably have to create something that's more of a one category subscription that would make one category visible to a purchaser)

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• James Anderson
More
13 years 3 months ago #97420 by James Anderson
Replied by James Anderson on topic Tienda k2 integration finally here!
Tell me about it! I have been hanging out for this one for ages! We have built our whole site around these two components and had this huge gap.

but..anyway.

It is in the Tienda Community Revisions. Looks like it will come out with the new 0.7.3 version. I can only access via my account login. I will try and post a zip of it. Looks like it was done by the folks at joomlaworks though. 

The only thing I could think  of as a work around it to display a k2 content module for the add to cart button. But that will make the site very heavy as there are 100+ mags + posters + books etc. Most of it is physical items, so has to be visible to all. Was hoping I could change it to add this plugin to a category view. 

Jimmy

More
13 years 3 months ago #97421 by Olivier Karfis
I've been waiting for this type of integration (announced as coming soon by both Joomlaworks & Dioscouri more than a year ago! community.getk2.org/profiles/blogs/k2-integration-with-tienda-a)

I'm using K2Mart and VM at this point and I so want to move away from VM but I love the K2 integration...

Hopefully 0.7.3 will be my lucky number ;-)

Thanks

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• James Anderson
More
13 years 3 months ago #97422 by James Anderson
Lucky day i guess! Here is the plugin. Let me know if this can be tweaked to be used in category view.
Attachments:

More
13 years 3 months ago #97423 by Olivier Karfis
Thanks James! I'll try it as soon as I have a spare moment :-)

--Olivier
James Anderson said:

Lucky day i guess! Here is the plugin. Let me know if this can be tweaked to be used in category view.

• James Anderson
More
13 years 3 months ago #97424 by James Anderson
Any luck with seeing if this can be tweaked for categories..?

Olivier Karfis said:
Thanks James! I'll try it as soon as I have a spare moment :-)

--Olivier James Anderson said:

More
13 years 3 months ago #97425 by Olivier Karfis
Hi James,

Have barely had time to play with it but it looked like this was the old plugin that never was released.  Some comments on the dev side talked about Joomlaworks maintaining it but based on my last conversation with Fotis, I don't think that are doing that.  So, fyi, you are playing with code that does not look like it's being maintained...

As far as the categories, I don't believe that this extension will support this since what it does is associate one k2 item to one Tienda product.  The code does not get involved with categories at all.

Have you tried adding the addtocart plugin using a {loadposition} right into your category description?  Gets you partway there... Then you might then be able to do a htaccess redirect from the tieda product url to the K2 category so that when they are in the cart and click on the product, they get sent back to the k2 category instead of the Tienda product page...(keep in mind, this might be hacky and I don't know how well it would work).

--Olivier

• James Anderson
More
13 years 3 months ago #97426 by James Anderson
Thats a great temp. work around. Do you know how to get the plugin to only show price and add to cart plugin and not quantity?

Olivier Karfis said:
Hi James,

Have barely had time to play with it but it looked like this was the old plugin that never was released.  Some comments on the dev side talked about Joomlaworks maintaining it but based on my last conversation with Fotis, I don't think that are doing that.  So, fyi, you are playing with code that does not look like it's being maintained...

As far as the categories, I don't believe that this extension will support this since what it does is associate one k2 item to one Tienda product.  The code does not get involved with categories at all.

Have you tried adding the addtocart plugin using a {loadposition} right into your category description?  Gets you partway there... Then you might then be able to do a htaccess redirect from the tieda product url to the K2 category so that when they are in the cart and click on the product, they get sent back to the k2 category instead of the Tienda product page...(keep in mind, this might be hacky and I don't know how well it would work).

--Olivier

More
13 years 3 months ago #97427 by Olivier Karfis
Have not played with the plugin but since all the tienda code is MVC, you should be able to easily override the plugin output by creating an override file in your template's HTML folder... Let me know if you get it working, I'd be interested to see it.

Good luck.

--Olivier