Keyword

please help me out..

• herbert
  • herbert's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97433 by herbert
please help me out.. was created by herbert
i want to build a catalog-like website were members can upload content to the site and it displays on the front page like a catalog-sort of..

am not so new to joomla neither to K2, though i could be branded as such since I've not yet produced anything with these two darlings, but i have been an avid follower and reader of this forum and the various profesional tutorials in this community.

So my problem was a template that supported K2, i did some digging and i treasured out.. this one 

IndieLife JoomlaXTC Template
from 

hotfile.com/dl/101848658/33cd947/template_jxtc_indielife_Unzip.zip.html

It was a single zipped folder that i tried to install at once but got an error message: could not find the XML file, i quickly thought to myself that the problem could be a zip within a zip, so i unzipped it and tried to install each componet, module, plugin and template at a time.. a few gave me the same error message: could not find the XML file.. and the others instaledl fine(i have attached an illustration).

i unzipped this, template_jxtc_indielife_jumpstart_j15 to try and search for the XML file and there they were, all the featured templates within.

My question is why can't my Joomla 1.5.23 install these babies.. am running on XAMPPlite at the moment.

thanks all yah in advance..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97434 by william white
Replied by william white on topic please help me out..
Have you tried loging into xtc's site and lookinghere

You might also try the instructions here

More
13 years 3 months ago #97435 by Dylan Humphreys
Replied by Dylan Humphreys on topic please help me out..
Looking at the contents of the template zip (and seeing that it has the word "jumpstart" in the file title) Seems to suggest that this is actually a version of Joomla, with the template preloaded. The idea being is that you just download this package, and install Joomla directly from there, without having to install the template afterwards.

If you already have Joomla setup, then you might be able to extract the template files from the package, extracting the archive somewhere temporary, and making sure you copy the files mentioned in /templates/indielife/templateDetails.xml, structure and all to another folder. In theory, you should then be able to zip them up, and install the template as you would normally on to your existing Joomla site. Provided it doesnt rely on any additional components / plugins / modules (as some rocket theme templates do for example)

• herbert
More
13 years 3 months ago #97436 by herbert
Replied by herbert on topic please help me out..
thank you William 100times for ending my two days of frustration.. you  must have smiled at me because i had the answer right under my nose :-)

thanks
William White said:

Have you tried loging into xtc's site and lookinghere

You might also try the instructions here

• herbert
More
13 years 3 months ago #97437 by herbert
Replied by herbert on topic please help me out..
thanks Dylan it was really helpful i finally have it running.

Dylan Humphreys said:
Looking at the contents of the template zip (and seeing that it has the word "jumpstart" in the file title) Seems to suggest that this is actually a version of Joomla, with the template preloaded. The idea being is that you just download this package, and install Joomla directly from there, without having to install the template afterwards.

If you already have Joomla setup, then you might be able to extract the template files from the package, extracting the archive somewhere temporary, and making sure you copy the files mentioned in /templates/indielife/templateDetails.xml, structure and all to another folder. In theory, you should then be able to zip them up, and install the template as you would normally on to your existing Joomla site. Provided it doesnt rely on any additional components / plugins / modules (as some rocket theme templates do for example)