Keyword

How do you remove "Author" from item view options?

More
13 years 3 months ago #97470 by cra2
I have K2 categories three levels deep.

E.g.  "Businesses>New York Businesses>Food"

So under New York, there are dozens of businesses (items) in a dozen or more categories (Food, Pets, Automotive, Legal, etc).

I have publishers adding items (businesses) to this structure constantly.

However, I don't want the item's creation time or author info listed.

Not anywhere on the site, frankly.

But definitely not under the Category or the individual item.

So I can remove it by clicking on the category of Food and selecting "Item View Options In Category Listings", and click on Hide (Author).  That removes the author from all the Food businesses.

My question is can't I go up to the Businesses level and set that so that I don't have to do it for every district (Chicago, LA, Miami, etc) and every business type (Pets, Cleaning, Food, etc)?

I also had to go to the Food category and click on "Item View Options" in order to turn off Author and social links there.  Again, can't I do that 3 levels up so I don't have to manually do it for every category of business within a region?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97471 by Yiota
You could choose for all children categories to inherit parameters from the parent. This way you will only change one category parameters and all others will comply.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97472 by cra2
Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't see that option.

I see where I can tell each child category to inherit from parent (and then select the parent from a dropdown).

But I don't see where I can tell the one parent category to automatically bring all the children into line.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97473 by Yiota
All children will inherit the parameters of the parent and therefore you can select only once what you would like your categories to show according to their parent.