Keyword

Latest items from users or categories

• Aleksandar Misin
  • Aleksandar Misin's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97518 by Aleksandar Misin
Latest items from users or categories was created by Aleksandar Misin
Hi,

I have some minor problems with setting up the home page as Latest items from (one or more) users or categories.I would like to pull the last items from one category, it's working, the title and the image is ok, but the intro text is full article text or none text.

My question is there any chance to make Introtext myself, example I would like to set up the word limit like the category item view where is 25 words limit and then tree dots ... and then read more...

In attach file there is one screenshot of news page with two last items from two different category, and the other one is category itemlist page.

Thank You very much!

Regards,

Aleksandar Misin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97519 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Latest items from users or categories
Hi.

Not sure if I mis-understand your question but why don't you just show intro text in your category view and then split your items into intro/fulltext at the item level? (Just bypass the automatic x words limit all together).  I do that on www.yanaku.com/ (you can see the latest items with all diff. intro sizes).

--Olivier 

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.