Keyword

K2 "edit item" link does not retrieve item

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97645 by Jasper Newton
K2 "edit item" link does not retrieve item was created by Jasper Newton
Dear all, if anybody can help I'd be very grateful. Once an item has been created in k2, and published, if I click on the item itself from the front end, and then click "edit item", the "add new item" window opens and the item is not retrieved. If I click on "my page" and click edit item from there, it works! Any ideas at all? The site is www.petstogether.org, all the relevant user permissions are set up that i can see.

Thanks in advance

Jasper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97646 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 "edit item" link does not retrieve item
Try right clicking and opening in a new tab on the edit link in both places and comparing the url that is generated. Is sef enabled? (it always kills me)

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97647 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 "edit item" link does not retrieve item
William,

Thanks for the advice. I have experienced countless problems since installing ACEsef, with both Joomla and K2. All of which I have slowly overcome. This problem I have now resolved by deleting the user.php from the affected site and uploading an exact copy from a site I know it works on. This seems to have resolved this issue. I am still unsure as to why when clicking "edit item" it opened up the "add new item" window, maybe it shall remain a mystery of the universe. Thanks all the same. I can only assume that SEF (ACEsef in my case) is re-writing the URL's thus redirecting it to a similar URL?. The only reason I assume this is one of the other problems I had with ACEsef/k2/Joomla is when clicking "create and account" within the K2 log in module, it redirected me to different page entirely.

Thanks

Jasper.