Keyword

Blank page when inserting a image in a item

• Miguel Feio
  • Miguel Feio's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97654 by Miguel Feio
Blank page when inserting a image in a item was created by Miguel Feio
Hi all,

Hope that someone can help me with this - all help is appreciated and i thank you in advance.

I'm using:

Joomla Version 1.5.23

K2 Version 2.4.1

Everytime i try to upload a image on the image tab, the page becomes blank and all the changes made are lost. I never had this with K2 before, does anyone know what can it be? I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall K2 but it didn't make any diference.

Thanks for all the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97655 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank page when inserting a image in a item
If it worked before and doesnt work now, are the images you are trying to upload different (larger?)

Turn on error reporting to highest in the global settings and see if the blank page will report an error...a place to start looking.

also check the k2 info tab and make sure everything is correct there

• Miguel Feio
More
13 years 3 months ago #97656 by Miguel Feio
Replied by Miguel Feio on topic Blank page when inserting a image in a item
Hi,

Thanks for the input. I guess i didn't explained myself correctly. K2 works on other sites i've made, it's just in this one that this error occurs.

I'll try your sugestions and will post here later,

More
13 years 3 months ago #97657 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank page when inserting a image in a item
if this is a new site, be sure to check the k2 info and see that mbencoding is enabled..and if youre uploading large files, check the phpinfo max_execution time - sometimes that has to be increased

• Miguel Feio
More
13 years 3 months ago #97658 by Miguel Feio
Replied by Miguel Feio on topic Blank page when inserting a image in a item
Hi,

Thanks for the further info. I have checked almost all that you've said above (i couldn't find mbenconding anywhere), and all is ok. the phpinfo max_execution time is set at 30 (the blank page is returned quickier though) but the file i'm trying to upload has +/- 700 kb. I've attached here the screen of the k2 info tab but as you can see eveything seems normal (although i'm not a expert).

PS. I think i may have found something. It looks like is something to do with the images i'm uploading. I've tried with a image from a diferent batch and it uploaded correctly. The file is also attached.

I'm going try and see what is the problem with the image, but if you have any idea it would be appreciated
Attachments: