Keyword

Why doesnt nobody help im dissapointed with K2

• Mark Hollamd
  • Mark Hollamd's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97775 by Mark Hollamd
Ok, i have taken over a site and it has K2 installed and about 150 pages in there. I have posted on this and the joomla forum for some help and yet i do not have any which makes the decision to move from K2 much easier.

This is the last call for help.

1. I need to move all the K2 content from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 1.6 (Content was never in joomla all content was created in joomla K2)

2. I need to transfer all the content to joomla core in my joomla 1.5 site so i can migrate it to Joomla 1.6 then import it back to K2

I have scoured many forums and nothing the best anser i have a seen (Many Times) is why would you want tomgo back to joomla core management.

As you can see this is the reason but ill give it a few more days then start manually transfering it accross.

Excuse my dissolution but it looks like a great component but the lack of this functionality is pretty bad and so many people have asked this question on various forums with no solution.

Thanks Mark Holland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97776 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Why doesnt nobody help im dissapointed with K2
Hi.

First of all Mark, by posting condescending messages like the one you just did in this thread ( 
community.getk2.org/xn/detail/3536014:Comment:289381 ), you will not get people to help you any faster (especially since you did not bother to read the whole thread and see that the question had actually been answered).  

As far as your questions is concerned, the reason you are not getting many answers is that:

1.  This is a volunteer's forum for a free software... sometimes we do not have time to respond to everything (especially when it's been somewhat covered in other posts)

2. K2 2.5 (the only one supporting J!1.6) is still in beta.  When it comes out, I'm sure that there will be documentation on how to migrate from J!1.5 w/ K2 to J!1.6 w/ K2

3. Use the technique outlined in this post (except that you will want to upgrade your J!1.5/K2 to K2 2.5 beta before starting the exporting steps)

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/help-on-copying-k2-content

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.