Keyword

Empty tag pages?

• gerardo
  • gerardo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97832 by gerardo
Empty tag pages? was created by gerardo
HI,

I tagged my items. I when I look at them at the front end and press on one of its tags, it sends me to the respective tag page but with no items. I'm using the tag cloud module, and it does show that some tags have been used more than others.

Why would the tag pages appear empty? What can I do?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gerardo
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97833 by gerardo
Replied by gerardo on topic Empty tag pages?
Ok, I did a little experimenting in the tags in my K2 site. I discovered I "damaged" some words. If I try using those specific words for my tags, the items won't show when I use those tags for searching. Those words were the first tags I had created, and I wanted to change their first letter from upper to lower case so I tried in the backend, but since I wasn't able to change the case like that I decided to delete them all and start tagging from scratch using only lower case. For some reason that was what damaged those particular words.

Now I can tag with different words, cause they will show items when searching by tags, but not the ones damaged. That's a big problem cause I need those words for tagging, they're basic words for my website's theme. I suppose that even though I supposedly deleted all my tags, the words are still somewhere inside a code and that's why I really couldn't start from scratch.

I hope all this info is useful so you can give me some good advice of what to do!

• gerardo
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97834 by gerardo
Replied by gerardo on topic Empty tag pages?
Ok, I fixed this restoring a backup of my site and avoiding deleting the tags. But I think there's a bug that can give some head aches here.