Keyword

How Can I Edit the Registration Form or Redirect It?

• Stephanie Matthews
  • Stephanie Matthews's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97843 by Stephanie Matthews
How Can I Edit the Registration Form or Redirect It? was created by Stephanie Matthews
Hello,

I'm trying to change the width of the registration form because when it appears on the page, it pushes the 2 sidebars off the page (looks very bad). I have gone into the css to modify the width but nothing happens. If I could just have the form appear on it's own page, that would even be Ok. It's inheriting the parameters of the home page.

How can I change this? I've tried everything... ;-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97844 by Yiota
Have you tried to create a new Menu item to the registration page?

• Stephanie Matthews
More
13 years 3 months ago #97845 by Stephanie Matthews
Replied by Stephanie Matthews on topic How Can I Edit the Registration Form or Redirect It?
Hi Yiota,

It's kind of weird. I have a battle between the 2 login components - K2 and Community Builder. It took me a while to figure it out but when I used the CB register component (the smaller one), registered members cannot comment on the articles. When they go to "Be the first to comment," the comment form is not there. So I thought I would have to use the mod K2_login / registration but I don't see how to link to it.

Is it possible for people to be able to login using the CB login and then be able to comment on the K2 articles? Or how would I link to the K2__login? I don't a option for in menu items. I'm still working on the website but I will have it online for a few hours. If you go to www.fitnessandexerciseforwomen.com and click on the "Create New Account" in middle sidebar, you'll notice how form pushes everything off the page.

Thanks for your help! :-)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97846 by Yiota
To create a menu link to the registration form, just create a new menu item, select as type either the CB Registration (if it exists) or the User -> Registration.

The users that register on your site, in which group are they assigned? Is that group the same with the K2 permissions for the comments?

• Stephanie Matthews
More
13 years 3 months ago #97847 by Stephanie Matthews
Replied by Stephanie Matthews on topic How Can I Edit the Registration Form or Redirect It?
Yes, that's seems to be the problem that I have. I can create the CB login / registration - which I would prefer, but then users cannot comment on the articles (which are K2).

This is my first time using CB and K2 so I don't know how to manage them both. How could I fix it where people that register with the CB plugin can comment on the K2 articles - or any type of workaround? There is a "Register" link on the bottom that is CB but if that is used, commenting does not work. I also have Kunena on the site...I hope this does not add to my issues. :-)

Thanks. :-)