Keyword

mod_k2_content module on home page links to wrong category

• russjman
  • russjman's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97853 by russjman
I have 2 modules on my home page. One lists most popular, one lists most recent k2 items from  2 different categories, video and blog.  The links to the blog entires go to /blog/item/<itemtitle>, so the side bar modules are being displayed correctly.  But for some reason the video entries are linking to /component/k2/item/<itemtitle>, and on that page the modules that are supposed to on the right do not show up at all.  The content area takes up the entire width of the site.

What is further confusing about this situation is that i have duplicates of those modules running on certain interior pages, with the same settings, that link to the items correctly.

what am i doing wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97854 by Yiota
Do you have a menu item that links to the video category? Did you try to publish the module there?

• russjman
More
13 years 3 months ago #97855 by russjman
I do not have a menu item that links to the video category.  The main category is Education, and there are 3 sub categories. blog, video, article.  There are only menu items for Blog, and for Education. I already have that same module in the some of the interior pages, and it works fine.  The only reason i have 2 of the same module is because i need that same module to display below the content on index page, and in the side bar on select interior pages.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #97856 by Yiota
Try creating a menu item for the video category in a hidden menu and assign the module there.

• russjman
More
13 years 3 months ago #97857 by russjman
That worked.

I had no idea SEF(search engine friendly) URLs in Joomla were so touchy.

Thank you