Keyword

I need controls in the frontend when registered users add items..

• herbert
  • herbert's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97876 by herbert
Am wondering, could there be any way to have more control in the front end if i let my registered users add items using the "K2 add item" light box. for example:

The K2 logo: since its going to be in the front end, i would like to replace the K2 logo with mine or with mine besides the k2 logo.
The published field: i don't want my front end users to wonder about whether to publish or not, so i would like to do away with this field and may be in the back end keep it at published by default.
Its featured field: same as 2 above.. i would like to keep it at not featured by default.
the image field: This has a field where the user is allowed to browse the server for gallery images, can't this be security loophole? so if it is, i would like to kill this field too.
The dates: i would like to reserve the right to the start and end of item publishing dates and not the user.

Maybe if i don't get all or a few of the above done through this forum, may this act as a knock at the K2 developer(s) door.. and we shall see K2 v2.5,6 or 7.. with these much needed controls..

Thank you guys in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• herbert
More
13 years 3 months ago #97877 by herbert
Thanks Marco for the response it was helpful, 1 and 4 accomplished.

Two down, three to go.

• herbert
More
13 years 3 months ago #97878 by herbert
Thank you Marco, its great.. works like magic. 1, 2, 3 and 4 accomplished. 

Four down one to go.
Marco said:

second and third- also you can change form.php and edit html, you can set default values, and other just delete