K2 Layout based on category content

• Seizo Mazer
  • Seizo Mazer's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97942 by Seizo Mazer
K2 Layout based on category content was created by Seizo Mazer
Hi everyone,

Is this possible to do?

Imagine that I have a page where people are buying and selling stuff.

The category structure looks like the following

Buying and Selling

Buying Goods

Items

Buying Services

Items

Selling Goods

Items

Selling Services

Items

The categories are really just containers for the items in them.  The layout should look like a 3 column grid with as many rows are needed to hold all the items in the category.  Each grid in the layout will contain a picture, a description, and link to the more detailed post.

Can this be done with just the out of the box functionality without a custom template?  Any ideas how to go about setting this up?

Any and all hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Seizo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #97943 by herbert
Replied by herbert on topic K2 Layout based on category content
Hi Seizo, 

Out of the Box.. hmm am not sure about that.. but if you've mastered your way around K2 and joomla.. this is very, very achievable and easy. first u'll need:

Joomla and K2 - most obvious ;-) because with K2 u'll have a photo and video gallery for your items, not to mention extra fields
A K2 template - preferably go to www.joomlaxtc.com templates written using the xtc framework are the best, find one and u'll see what i mean.
the the right modules - these will help you form create the columns that you need
and finally the K2 community (where u @).

Now, finding what you need is the easy part, putting it all together is the hard part - like i said from the top, if you've mastered your way around K2 and joomla.. this is very easy, but if these two are still elusive, your in for a hustle

If i've understood correctly what you what to achieve, i'll be here to help out..

Cheers

--Kyags

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.