Keyword

Problem with K2

• Iv Ceballos
  • Iv Ceballos's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98641 by Iv Ceballos
Problem with K2 was created by Iv Ceballos
Hi, I have a problem with the K2. I try to access the manager of my Joomla website and I get this message Fatal error: Call to undefined method K2ModelCpanel:getPopularItems () in /home/jlmteam/public_html/laperchaazul/administrator/modules/mod_k2_stats/helper.phpon line 24Anyone know how I can solve, if not let me access the manager

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98642 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Problem with K2
If you have a backup before the error i would use it.

have you made changes to the core of K2

What have your recently installed just prior to this error?

If i could find no other way i would unzip the k2 version of the compoent you have installed and copy it manually to the site (last resort)

If you installed something to cause this try setting enabled to 0 using phpmyadmin in either the modules, components, or plugin directories to shut it up without having access to your joomla backend

More
13 years 2 months ago #98643 by Buddy Q
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Problem with K2
I am having this same problem. My host kind of screwed me and their backups did not work when I installed some new modules. HOwever, nothing I did, touched K2 files or tables.

Are you talking about a database backup or file backup?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98644 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Problem with K2
As far as I know, an Akeeba Backup is the best. It will back up your site and also the database tables needed to restore the site on your server, a new server, or your localhost. It is a good practice to make a backup before installing a lot of new things that may or may not work, and when they do work, its simple to make another backup then. The newer pro versions have restore points but i have not used them yet.

I was trying to tell him if a plugin or module was causing a problem and he could not access the backend of his site, that going into the database and looking in the plugin or module tables, finding the one in question, and setting enabled to 0 might solve his problem.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98645 by Buddy Q
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Problem with K2
Well... I got the admin back up. I had to look at my error logs and determine the mod_k2_stats was throwing errors. I phpMyAdmin'd it and disabled it. So back up. I remember what I did... I tried the newest version of K2 and it did not work at all. Had tons of errors and did not function so I reinstalled the latest stable version back over it. But I think it did something somewhere... I would guess the database. 

Problem is, I also remember trying to backup the database with Akeeba for almost 2 hours and it not working. So I'll have to check if I actually did create a backup of the database at that point.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98646 by Ulrik van der Laan
Replied by Ulrik van der Laan on topic Problem with K2
I had the same problem.

I changed components/com_k2/models/item.php in order to throw a line to activity stream in JomSocial.

It worked, but then no K2 items were shown anymore. So I replaced the original item.php.

But now the problem explained above was risen.

So I have deleted mod_k2_stats. But that's not solving the cause of the problem.

I will retry changing the code, as I would like to have the K2-activities in the Jomsocial Activity stream.

By the way, I have another site at the same provider, which I use as a test-site; and i didn't get a problem there.