Keyword

First installation , issue with parameters in categories and items [SOLVED]

• Gianmarco Bertella
  • Gianmarco Bertella's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98815 by Gianmarco Bertella
Hi everybody , i'm at the first experience to use K2 (great extension !). I would use it like Product Catalog so for the moment I don't need to see in the items (articles) all the info or feature available like Author , date , evaluation , print , caracter type , social sharing and so on.

I guess to set it in the "global parameters" in the main page where are managed the items (like I did with joomla articles) but also if i set to NO all these parameters , they are still there when I go to the site pages.

Until now I was able to reach the result I want ONLY going to set it directly on the single Items I created but sure this is not a "normal" way to do it for all....

Maybe I forget a step during installation or a special parameters or plugin to set ?

I'm using Joomla 1.5.23 with  K2 2.4.1 ; in the info page I have all modules and plugin installed and active , all the folders are writable , PHP 5.2.17.

I'm starting from scratch with a new site with Akeeba bkp and a few extensions. I installed K2 after I created the site with 1 section , 4 categories and around 19 articles.

The issue was the same as I tried to create the first new K2 item or after import all articles and categories already in use.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Gianmarco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98816 by william white
Set everything you do not want to show as "Hide" in the top category.Then set each subcategory to "inherit" from that top category

• Gianmarco Bertella
More
13 years 2 months ago #98817 by Gianmarco Bertella
Hi WilIiam , first of all thanks for your help.

I tried to follow your suggestion and something seems  to change in the right direction..

I mean in the category view from the menu to the top category , all the fields not necessary disappeared like also the preview of the items after the subcategory. It's stay only the  ("show the articles..." beside each subcategory).

Unfortunately when I go inside  the subcategory , i see the list of the  Items with the date/time of last modification , Author , evaluations , published in "category name" and "Read All the articles". (I set all to NO in parameters)

Waiting an answer to this post I'd played a little with  the global parameters or Item Parameters and now I found that if i go into modification (backend side) of one of these item , I can't see anymore the editors tool (push on show/hide) doesn't take any effect , only if i go to create a new item the editors bar appear again... but after i saved if i comeback into modifications the bar is gone.

Additionally in the Item modification backend page , in the Content tab , the first block with the preview is completely gone...

I'm a little bit confused of what happen ..........  any ideas ?(i only play in K2 dashboard , no modifications in other part of the site)

If could be better I can reload the site and start again from the installation of K2 but I'm a little warried if i don't understand what happen ad why because I think that this could be a big problem if something like this appear on a production site with more than hundreds articles.

If could be more helpful (sorry for my bad English) I could provide the access to the backend of the site.

You can see it to computerxtutti.net , the top category view is under the menu on the righ (catalogo prodotti)

Is possible to go direcltly inside a subcategory form the main menu Under "Illuminazione a led -->Catalogo prodotti-->Strip led. (computerxtutti.net/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=2&Itemid=22)

More
13 years 2 months ago #98818 by william white
Yes you can go to a subcategory only, or to an item only, or to multiple categories (all products)

Do you have a link to something you want it to look and or layout like?

I sent a friend request here and you can pm me access if you want to.

• Gianmarco Bertella
More
13 years 2 months ago #98819 by Gianmarco Bertella
thanks to William for his effort , i found the mistake and beginning to understand K2 .

The main problem confusing me was due to the Italian translation in the backend windows.

The Italian word used traslating Show/hide  are longer than English word so this fact show the parameters with the "Hide" label close to the circle option that is related to "show"

I discover this problem since I changed the backend language to English to show my setup to William and working in English all the parameter was fine.

William also indicate to me the problem related to JCE Editor tool missing in backend. For that I come back on JCE version 1..5.7.9.  All the next version cause the issue reported in this thread.