Keyword

Embedding YouTube vids without related videos on Joomla/K2?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98882 by Rue
Hi,

I'm trying to embed videos from our YouTube account onto our site. What we do not want is to have YouTube videos that show other people's in the related videos at the end. I know by manipulating the embed code that YouTube gives you, you can remove the related videos feature. What I am having trouble with is that I can't embed that code into Joomla or K2 on the product page. It won't allow me to save the page when inserted as HTML or just shows up as plain text when inserted without HTML.

Is there a way to embed the long form YouTube codes into Joomla/K2 without the use of a plugin like JVideo?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98883 by william white
Have you tried the embed tab under item video?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98884 by Rue
Hi William,

I tried that but the issue with that is our product pages aren't set up so that anything from the embed tab/item videos show up once they're saved. I use a tab ("{tab=Videos}") in the content section where the videos are located. Is there a way to get the video from the embed tab/item videos to show up there?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #98885 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Embedding YouTube vids without related videos on Joomla/K2?
Hi,

I believe you just want to show a video from YouTube on your article page but do not want to show any related videos after your video is finished playing ? You can achieve that without any plugins and with AllVideo by JoomlaWorks just use {youtube}DV81bAghxBU?rel=0{/youtube}

Or

Just use the embed code given by YouTube directly. Eg: Go to selected video on YouTube, click on share, select embed and YouTube will give you a code using <iframe> tag. Just uncheck the "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" and select the dimension of the video and your done. Copy the embed code.

Go to your article, if u use JCE select the HTML editor and paste the code on where you want the video to appear.

Eg:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="www.youtube.com/embed/[video code]?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you dont have the AllVideo plugin by JoomlaWorks, just select the video tab and paste the code there.

The best part is, if you have the JoomlaWorks AllVideo plugin and would like to use the {youtube}[video code]{/youtube} then all you need to do is add the ?rel=0 tag to it.

Eg: {youtube}DV81bAghxBU?rel=0{/youtube} So, it wont load the other recommended video and will just show the replay button once it finishes playing the video

Hope i did not sound like a snake oil salesman.. :D

K2 Rocks \m/

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #98886 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Embedding YouTube vids without related videos on Joomla/K2?
Hi,

Yes, if you're referring "text field" as the article content area.

If you want the video to appear below or above "Politiken: 'Nausicaä' fra 1984 får endelig sin plads i de danske biografer. Miyazakis 27 år gamle tegnefilm er en økopolitisk fryd for øjet." then use the plugin tag Eg: {youtube}heu37ej3qs{/youtube}

You can see a demo here and read the documentation here.

Joanna Din Mitchew said:

Hi my problem is different. I like to embed videos in the text field so I can write about the videos however videos are not embed in the text field but shown further down the site as a "related video" to the post. Is it possible to embed ideo in the text field?

See example here: joannadinmitchew.dk/film-billeder-og-lyd-blog/item/12-miyaza...ä-my-heroine.html

K2 Rocks \m/

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #98887 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
You want to display that particular video with the JW AllVideo plugin syntax? Is that what your're saying ?

Example : {youtube}[video code]{/youtube}

in your case : {youtube}SUHWqa9O19Q{/youtube}

www.youtube.com/watch?v=[SUHWqa9O19Q] <- This is the video code for YouTube

K2 Rocks \m/