Keyword

k2 and ninjaboard

• mixalisaspr
  • mixalisaspr's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #98920 by mixalisaspr
k2 and ninjaboard was created by mixalisaspr
I am creating a website and one of the extensions that I have used is ninjaboard forum.

When installed k2, all pages (menus) of the forum apparently stopped appearing. Just a blank page appeared, but threads of forum where clickable, even if not appearing.

I uninstalled k2 and it worked again. Does anyone know what might cause this reaction?

I am using rockettheme template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #98921 by william white
Replied by william white on topic k2 and ninjaboard
Probably a plugin confilct.. in any event...didyou have error reporting turned on so you could get a clue of what the confilct may be?

• mixalisaspr
More
13 years 2 months ago #98922 by mixalisaspr
Replied by mixalisaspr on topic k2 and ninjaboard
yes i have it turned on. It is a new installation (rocket launcher). The only thing that i had customized was ninjaboard, but i see this blank page goo.gl/BwVKs after installing k2.

Also the login button doesn't work when in forum page, while it is working fine in any other menus.

It is like k2 puts sth in that page.

Any thoughts?

More
13 years 2 months ago #98923 by william white
Replied by william white on topic k2 and ninjaboard
Thats not the traditional blank page....as you are getting a page. Usually a blank page means no output at all...

I would try disabling plugins in reverse order that i added them until something else happens, and search the ninja board forums

More
13 years 1 month ago #98924 by Stian Didriksen
Replied by Stian Didriksen on topic k2 and ninjaboard
I can see the markup output on the page, so this is an js error.

The error is happening in k2.js, but k2.js is not the fault of it, the $ variable isn't referencing to mootools like k2.js expects it to.

It's referencing to jQuery, which it shouldn't.

Now, Ninjaboard normally reorders the js in your html page to load jquery at the top and then mootools, as that way mootools will claim $ and mootools js works fine.

For some reason that's not happening on your site. If this is related to k2 then it must be a recent change in how k2 loads its js as this is the first time I've seen this happen on a site running k2.

FYI Ninjaboard 1.2 will no longer use jQuery on the frontend, to prevent issues like these (and conflicting jquery instances).

• mixalisaspr
More
13 years 1 month ago #98925 by mixalisaspr
Replied by mixalisaspr on topic k2 and ninjaboard
thnx everybody, i updated mootools and also changed a css that had opacity:0 :S and now it works almost fine... Just the login button is not working, so i removed it :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #98926 by Stian Didriksen
Replied by Stian Didriksen on topic k2 and ninjaboard
Great to hear!

mixalis aspr said:
thnx everybody, i updated mootools and also changed a css that had opacity:0 :S and now it works almost fine... Just the login button is not working, so i removed it :)