Keyword

Automatically changing existing menus to use K2 items.

• Delirium Leather
  • Delirium Leather's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #98949 by Delirium Leather
K2 has the functionality I was looking for so I am determined to get this working.

However, this website has hundreds of menu items linked to Joomla's articles. I have imported all articles to K2. Now I was wondering if there is a way to automatically get the menu items to link to the K2 items, because if I'll have to do this one by one, it's going to take forever.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #98950 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Automatically changing existing menus to use K2 items.
A look at the site would be helpfull.

the table jos_menu holds the menu links and their status in several fields

It would be possible to create a sql script to loop thru the existing menu records one by one

Turn them off

Get the url in them, and change it to a compatible k2 url (for certain types) with string replacement

Create new records in the jos_menu table and set them to enabled.

This would be very trickey and would probably only work if the articles and the k2 items that you imported have either the same record id numbers or a numeric relationship to each other.

• Delirium Leather
More
13 years 1 month ago #98951 by Delirium Leather
Replied by Delirium Leather on topic Automatically changing existing menus to use K2 items.
Thank you for your reply. Link to site: bit.ly/nVhIBm

That's currently the only K2 item that is active and corresponds to that menu item.

Wouldn't it be possible to import articles in K2 so that they would keep their existing ItemIDs?

With the functionality that K2 holds, one would expect that an import function, like the import articles/items button, would be available for the corresponding menus as well. It doesn't make sense that it's possible with K2 to import articles with their categories and sections, but doesn't automatically attach them to the menu items.

• Delirium Leather
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #98952 by Delirium Leather
Replied by Delirium Leather on topic Automatically changing existing menus to use K2 items.
Is there any news on this?