Keyword

New to K2 - possible to link an image to an URL ?

• Stephan Tensen
  • Stephan Tensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99004 by Stephan Tensen
Hi,

I would like to link the image (default image of an article) to an URL. I want to create a catalog of websites and want a little screenshot of that site as my image. When clicking on that image you should go to that site. So I woulde like an extra field named URL and let the image link to that.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,Stephan

P.S. Still don't know if K2 is what I need. There's definitely a learning curve, but on the other hand Joomla has a learning curve too and I'm happy I 'took the curve' ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #99005 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic New to K2 - possible to link an image to an URL ?
Hi Stephan,

It is possible. In your case, just place the screenshot of the website image in your article and link it to the external site. Just fill in the article title and save it in a category. Next just go to the Category Parameters area and edit the "View item in category listing". Hide all of it and just show the intro text. This will show only the image and when user clicks it will go to the website link. Just keep adding items in this manner.

Let me know how it goes.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Stephan Tensen
More
13 years 1 month ago #99006 by Stephan Tensen
Replied by Stephan Tensen on topic New to K2 - possible to link an image to an URL ?
That works, although I'm not completely sure if this is the workaround I was looking for. But I like the creative idea, so thanks! Where do I have to look to change the view of the category. I would like it for instance to show the articles, but with a small screenshot on the left (in a table) and in the right (cell) I would like to show some extra information fields. Can this be done in an easy way?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #99007 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic New to K2 - possible to link an image to an URL ?
To change the view of the category, just click on the category name, in the category page - on the right you can see the K2 Parameters like Category item layout, Category view options, just click on the Item view options in category listings and change the hide and show parameters there.

You can add <div></div> tags in your article and create css styling for them. Float the divs left or right and place article or image in them.

I would recommend you to make use of the MVC and do the template. Read this article 

K2 Rocks \m/

• Stephan Tensen
More
13 years 1 month ago #99008 by Stephan Tensen
Replied by Stephan Tensen on topic New to K2 - possible to link an image to an URL ?
Thanks for the link to the article, makes it clear. I will dig in to it! ;-)

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #99009 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
No problem. :D

K2 Rocks \m/