Keyword

Setting up user access levels at the backend

• Pablo de la Cruz
  • Pablo de la Cruz's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99056 by Pablo de la Cruz
Setting up user access levels at the backend was created by Pablo de la Cruz
(Sorry if this has been asked before, I checked the forums and Google and found nothing related.)

First and foremost, K2 developers, thanks for this wonderful, wonderful tool. I am a Joomla newbie - I am quite satisfied with it but at the same time appalled by some of its shortcomings.

A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed K2 just to be able to add an image field to my content so I can display images related to it in a module outside the maincontent area. I must say that K2 delivered huge in this particular field (and so many others).

But then I ran into a particular problem - only users logged as "administrators" can access the Dashboard tools at the Administration backend. No probs from the frontend - I have set up K2 user groups / user permissions and "registered" users can happily post from the frontend, but "managers" can't do so from the backend. Only "administrators" can.

Problem is, my client needs to post from the back end. That means lots of people pushing buttons and changing stuff just to see what happens - they're getting administrative rights from me over my dead body :D

So, is there a fix for this or I'm just missing something?

My setup: K2 v2.5 SVN over Joomla 1.6 / 1.6.5 - tested in both local and production.

Thanks a lot for your time in advance,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.