Keyword

User groups - bugs or features? please help!

• Pablo de la Cruz
  • Pablo de la Cruz's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99090 by Pablo de la Cruz
User groups - bugs or features? please help! was created by Pablo de la Cruz
OK, this is getting on my nerves. I can't for the life of me figure out how to filter backend access for users. I need managers to post from the backend, as if I give them administrative rights they'll be able to mess up with other components and such (you know how it goes, what does this do? Ooooops)

I first tried K2 2.5 SVN with Joomla 1.6.5 - no matter what I do, only administrators can post from the backend. K2 group permissions are ignored.

Then I reluctantly downgraded to K2 2.4.1 with Joomla 1.5.23 - now managers can post, but can also edit / delete any content, no matter if it's theirs or otherwise, bypassing any permissions I set for their K2 group. In fact. I just can't see what those permissions are up to, they seem to be absolutely ignored.

Funny thing is that I have set up frontend no problem, but see, my client is using some other stuff from the backend and thinks that going back to front to back is too much of a fuss.

Deadline is approaching so I need to solve this now - or else I'll have to ditch K2 and look for alternatives. I'd hate to do so.

Thanks in advance for any tips or preferably solutions :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pablo de la Cruz
More
13 years 1 month ago #99091 by Pablo de la Cruz
Replied by Pablo de la Cruz on topic User groups - bugs or features? please help!
Am I the only one experiencing this?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #99092 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic User groups - bugs or features? please help!
I think in Joomla 1.5 you can't do much, you might wanna try this FREE extension and see if it could integrate with K2.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Pablo de la Cruz
More
13 years 1 month ago #99093 by Pablo de la Cruz
Replied by Pablo de la Cruz on topic User groups - bugs or features? please help!
Thanks a lot Kannan! I know that Joomla 1.5 is very limited in terms of ACL, that's why I was trying to use 1.6/1.7 - but I found that I can't set permissions for the component as the permissions panel at K2 configuration is not operative - because it's not operative, is it? I mean, it's not just me?

I'll check your recommended extension and report later.