Keyword

PHP Upgrade Broke My Site

More
13 years 1 month ago #99312 by Jaye
PHP Upgrade Broke My Site was created by Jaye
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but it's been so long I feel like a noob again. So, lemme see if i can succinctly spell out the problems...

I am hosting a Joomla/K2 site on Go Daddy: carissaandjaye.com

Everything was running fine until a PHP4 to PHP5 upgrade was performed. Now I get the dreaded Fatal Error msg:

Warning: require_once(/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/e/a/teamcj/html/includes/joomla.php on line 71 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/t/e/a/teamcj/html/includes/joomla.php on line 71

The error seems to stem from an improper value in the $mosConfig_absolute_path variable. I've already run the $path = getcwd(); trick to get the absolute path...which is also revealed in the above error: /home/content/t/e/a/teamcj/html.

If I go into the includes/joomla.php file and hard code the value of the absolute path on line 71, it resolves the error...but, of course, pushes the error on down the line where ever the variable is used.

I've been going round and round with Go Daddy's support, so I've been scouring for solutions elsewhere. I have some unknowns I need to resolve in order to fix the issue and having installed K2 seems to add another layer of questions. Now, on to the issues:

1) Does K2 alter the configuration.php file?

Other forums suggest that $mosConfig_absolute_path is set in the configuration.php file in the root of the site. however, this variable as well as a few others (cache, etc) are not listed there. I have not ever messed with the file until now, so not sure why these vars are missing or where they are now being set. I was wondering if K2 rewrote the config file and moved the variable declarations somewhere else during installation.

I've tried adding the variable declaration to the config file, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

2) How do I verify what versions of Joomla & K2 I have installed?

I know you are already asking it as you read this and I wish I had a confident answer about versions, but I don't. Since I cannot load the site nor access the admin area of the site, how can I tell which version of Joomla and K2 I am running? I do have access to the files thru FTP and I've been poking around looking for version numbers to no avail. Go Daddy's hosting connection panel says I am running Joomla 1.0.13 but I am not sure that is correct...did K2 support that early version?

3) The database is intact, can I do a clean install and link it to the old database?

I am hoping there is a simple and painless solution to the current problem, but worst case, can I just do a clean install and update to newer versions of Joomla & K2 and point it to the database? I thought there was some incompatibility issues with old and and new versions of K2 and Joomla that prevented this, but that was a few years ago when I looked into the idea.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.