Keyword

K2 on MAMP goes crazy

• Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd
  • Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99421 by Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd
Replied by Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd on topic K2 on MAMP goes crazy
Nope. Still the same in http://labedu15:8888/labedu15/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=502

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://labedu15:8888/labedu15/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=502. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99422 by Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd
Replied by Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd on topic K2 on MAMP goes crazy
And no luck either with non SEF URLs. (see attachment).
Attachments:

More
13 years 1 month ago #99423 by thewayne
Replied by thewayne on topic K2 on MAMP goes crazy
Ok, this may be a long shot but I have used Mamp for a long time with no problems but I do remember when I first started that the manual said to put the files in the htdocs folder which is correct if your using Wamp for pc. I'm on a Mac and the directory is ...  Mamp/bin/mamp/yoursite folder.

And .. to your other question about Akeeba Backup it works great you just have to get used to kickstart but it's all worth learning/reading the manual. You won't be sorry!

w.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99424 by Vox Lab, School of Visual Arts Pte Ltd
Hi all,

thank you for the replies.

I have finally given a shot with Akeeba.

Migration was perfect! No problem at all.

I have managed twice to get it up on MAMP PRO.

However, as soon as I upload and set the new template everything disappear. White page.

I am not sure what happen, but it looks to me a step back.

The other attempts I have done manually without Akeeba were actually successful. The only problem was the behavoir o K2 as described originally in the post.

Now I have 2 options I guess:

1 - Find a solution to the problem with the backed up site with Akeeba (which I assume would imply me opening a thread either on Akeeba or on MAMP forums)

2 - Get the K2 issue solved on the working version I have ported manually without Akeeba

Any suggestion?

By the way, I am not using MAMP, but MAMP PRO.

MAMP PRO allows to set multiple up servers and place the root folder anyway on the computer.

I do not know if it was a good idea, but I put it in my DropBox folder, so that it can synchronize with my computer in office...

But now I have a big doubt. A friend told me that MAMP goes banana when some apps such as Skype are open. 

Do you think the whole reason of the strange behavoir is because of the root folder is currently in a DropBox sub-folder?