Keyword

Featured items only on frontpage, how to customize?

• Mattias Westgård
  • Mattias Westgård's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99447 by Mattias Westgård
Featured items only on frontpage, how to customize? was created by Mattias Westgård
Hi,

I've set the main menu startpage to link to several k2 categories. To be able to select individual items on the frontpage I've checked the "only featured" items in the settings for the menu. The trouble is it seems to be impossible to customize the view of the frontpage items. All of them is in full text even if I set the specified categories to show intro text. What am I doing wrong here?

Happy for any ideas...

Site: www.emtervik.se

Regards,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #99448 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Featured items only on frontpage, how to customize?
Hi Mattias,

Did you try inserting the ReadMore link <hr id="system-readmore" /> to separate the text ?

K2 Rocks \m/

• Mattias Westgård
More
13 years 1 month ago #99449 by Mattias Westgård
Replied by Mattias Westgård on topic Featured items only on frontpage, how to customize?
I did now :-) ... and that made a difference. Unfortunately I can't set this to happen automatically for all articles that are on the start page right? I haven´t found that option when fiddling with settings in the menu parameters. Anyway, thanks for the help!

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #99450 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Featured items only on frontpage, how to customize?
You're welcome. You can read this article from Simon

K2 Rocks \m/

• Mattias Westgård
More
13 years 1 month ago #99451 by Mattias Westgård
Replied by Mattias Westgård on topic Featured items only on frontpage, how to customize?
Thanks Kannan,

Regarding Simon´s article, what he suggests is actually what I tried to do in the first run. I could not get it to work though. You would think the category settings are valid even as the categories are directed to the start page, but apparently not. Simon points out exactly what I want to achieve, not having to set the system read more on each item. Hmmm... do you have more suggestions then through them at me please ;-) Thanks