Keyword

Author then Editor before publishing?

• Jerry Garner
  • Jerry Garner's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99497 by Jerry Garner
Author then Editor before publishing? was created by Jerry Garner
Before I start, I have to say that I am loving this content extension so far. It has all the features I need and I am having a great time redesigning my site with it. Kudos to the developers, and thank you for doing such an excellent job.

As I get to the point where I am ready to start moving all of my old content into K2, I am also beginning to give thought to how new content will be added in the future. That is what I am asking about today.

Ideally, what I would like to do is have a system where:

1. A member with "Author" access can submit an article to the system, preferably via the front end, but the back-end will do in a pinch; then

2. The article is reviewed by a member with "Editor" credentials, who will basically proofread the article and make sure it is being filed into the correct category; then

3. Article is published with Editor approval.

I'm pretty sure this can be done with K2, but I'm having trouble finding documentation on how to set this up properly. If someone could tell me that would be great, or if you could point me in the direction of the documentation that explains how to do this, that would also be great.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Believe me, it is greatly appreciated. And thank you again for doing such a great job developing this extension. It is very impressive and I love it so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 1 month ago #99498 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Author then Editor before publishing?
First you will have to start by creating the 2 usergroups. To the Author group give permissions to not publish their items.

To the Editor group give permissions to edit all items so they can locate and publish the items posted by the Authors.

Both groups will use frontend editing, even though it is not necessary.

You can also target the categories both can post and edit items to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.