Keyword

Blank Pages When Trying To Set K2 Menu Items

• Ben Thomas
  • Ben Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99551 by Ben Thomas
I am redesigning a website using K2.  I have set up the categories and added items, as well as imported items from the Joomla articles.  My problem is when ever I try to set up my home page menu using any of the K2 item links, and preview the page all I get is a blank page, the whole template is white space.  I can change the menu Item back to a Joomla article link and it show fine (but with no articles). Is there something I missed?

I'm using the latest version of K2, with Joomla 1.5.23 and a rockettheme template with Gantry. oh yeah and all categories and items are enabled.

Any Suggestions

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99552 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank Pages When Trying To Set K2 Menu Items
Turn error reporting to highest in the Joomla Global setting - server tab and see if you get an error

also, check the information tab on the k2 dashboard on the left and see if mb_encoding is enabled on your server

• Ben Thomas
More
13 years 1 month ago #99553 by Ben Thomas
Replied by Ben Thomas on topic Blank Pages When Trying To Set K2 Menu Items
thanks for your reply.  I set the server error reporting to maxium and no errors showed, tested to see if K2 catagories would show, but nothing, still get white space (when i say white space I mean the template doesn't show at all, just a blank page)

When to look for the mb_encoding, it is not listed in the information section.  The only sections I see on the left hand side are System Information that has a line for multibyte string support which is enabled and another section that is the Directory Permissions.  Not showing any Server Sections at all.

Everything is shows enabled or installed.   Am I missing the server section (running 1.5.23)

Returned the menu Item back to the joomla article selection and website shows minus K2 Items.

I'm stumped.  Should I reinstall the K2, and if so what will happen to all of the items and categories already setup?

Thanks for your help.

More
13 years 1 month ago #99554 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank Pages When Trying To Set K2 Menu Items
The server section is a communication error in typing here. In joomla globla settings there is a server tab where you have set the error reporting on.

In the k2 dashboard it shows the multibite string on your server is enabled. I think in php.ini you would find mb_encoding terminology (sorry if i confused the subject) Please correct me if i am wrong.

That being said i would test and be sure that it is not a home page template issue by setting the home page back to a joomla article and creating more menu links to (1) a k2 item and (2) a k2category and see if they will display there.

If they display correctly there you will be on the right track and can probably refer to here to work on the home page. You can also use com_k2_content to display k2 in a template position on the home or pages you specify(see advanced module manager)

If they do not display, i would check installed plugins to see if something is conflicting, by disabling them one at a time until you either get something to display or run out of things to disable....at that point i would consider backing up the site with akeeba and reinstalling K2

See friend request and pm me if you need more help

• Ben Thomas
More
13 years 1 month ago #99555 by Ben Thomas
Replied by Ben Thomas on topic Blank Pages When Trying To Set K2 Menu Items
thanks, I'll try it