Keyword

Item content Lay out

• Frank Gillespie
  • Frank Gillespie's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 weeks ago #99593 by Frank Gillespie
Item content Lay out was created by Frank Gillespie
I am trying to figure out the correct layout for items. I am developing (I'm a newbee to web design) a web page that is structured like a book. What I mean is that in once section i will have

1. An overview of the topic - like a book foreword/Introduction. (I have created an item for this and put in the text. I want the user to be link to each chapter from this point).

2. The topic will have four chapters - each addressing seperate topic related to the main topic

and when the user opend the chapter they will again be given a brief overview of content and be able to select an article from this chapter - (articles will be submitted by approved users)

3. When they open an article they will be able to comment on it. Importantly they willbe able to see related articles etc.

I have created an parent category (introduction) and sub categories (chapters) to this parent item. I them created an item/article which i linked to the parent item. and so I can now click on the title (e-library) am brought to the Introduction text from where I have created a text link to one of the chapters. This works. the thing is that when I go to the bottom of the page I see "more in this category" which bring me back to the introduction!! How do I get it to go to a list of related articles under this chapter!

Sorry if it sound confusing. I have a DRAFT draft web page, the final one I am working on my localhost and hope to have it up and out shortly. This content was not created using K2. I have heard that K2 will address many of my design problems. the page is www.inpsc.com. It will give you an overview of where I want to go.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.