Keyword

Is there a way to implement K2 ACL with my component?

• Mike Oles
  • Mike Oles's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 weeks ago #99594 by Mike Oles
Is there a way to implement K2 ACL with my component? Or should I just focus on learning Joomla 2.5 ACL?

The component in question is a sports calendar/scores.

What I am looking to accomplish at first is the following...

I basically have Conferences, Schools, Sports, Teams, Games, Scores.

I don't want anyone but admins to be able to create Conferences, Schools, Sports, Teams...right now anyway.

But what I would like to give access to is the Games & Scores according to School or Team.

Games lists events that haven't happened yet while Scores lists all events that have gone by.

So if I have:

School 1
School 2
School 3
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3

Assuming that Team 1 is from School 1, etc.

Then School 1 signs up to post content so I want to have 2 different types of access. 1 for the athletic director and 1 for coaches.

The athletic director would have access to add or edit any event that involves a team from the same conference as their school. Let's name this access SCHOOL 1.

The coaches access would involve adding or editing an event that involves a team from the same conference and sport as their team. We'll call this access TEAM 1.

Now in Games and scores I have a dropdown list of home teams and visiting teams. So using K2 ACL I would only display teams in the dropdown that SCHOOL 1 or TEAM 1 have access too.

Another possibility might be only having access if your team (school) is the home team.

Would this be too difficult or time consuming to implement since J1.5 is approaching end of life so I would be better off using ACL from J2.5?

SAMPLE FRONTENED PAGE: fenceviewer.com/site/index.php?option=com_jumbotron&view=schoolsportscheduleresults&school=1&sportlevels=1&season=2&Itemid=1184

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.