Keyword

Can't add image to an item on image tab!

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #99604 by blue
Hi

I searched a lot this forum and find similar topics but non of them with any solution.

When I try to add an image on image tab and press save, the page redirects to /administrator/index.php and the page goes blank.

When open the item again no image is saved !!!

The same situation exists for attachments.

There are several replies in forum suggesting changing media folder permission (to 777?), although this was not a solution for me (because of security reasons) but I did it and nothing changed and the problem exists.

I hope somebody here can help me to solve this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #99605 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can't add image to an item on image tab!
If your getting blank screen, turn error reporting on highest and see if it will give you a clue.

check the k2 information tab and be sure mb_encoding is turned on in your server

check the filename and if it has spaces or funny characters change the filename to a standard name

Is the file too big....check the php max_upload limit

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99606 by blue
Replied by blue on topic Can't add image to an item on image tab!
Yes, I am getting blank screen, turning error reporting on highest does not make any clue and there is no error log(Maybe because of "ini_set" is disabled).

Checking infromation tab, everything looks fine, all directories are writable,upload limit 3M (my files are samller that 3M)

There is only one thing notable that is "Open remote files (allow url fopen) : No", Is this related to my problem?

What is mb_encoding and how can I find out whether it is turned on?