Keyword

What did you use to upgrade Joomla to 1.7? Jupgrade or something else?

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99729 by that library
I'm at the point now to upgrade Joomla! to version 1.7, and have tried Jupgrade, simply because it supposedly handles migrating the K2 items as well as core Joomla items. It has not worked for me because of the MooTools version, and after spending an entire day (and a total lack of official support), I'm looking at alternatives.

So my question to you all is  - what did you use? And how did it go?

And I'll have to try using the RC version of K2 because I don't know how to migrate the K2 content to Seblod or Zoo, otherwise, like many, I would just totally abandon K2 [not for all the wonderful and helpful people here, but because of the unprofessionality of the K2 developers]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99730 by that library
I finally got Jupgrade to work, after switching to the default Joomla! template, disabling all the modules and plugins, and after having to disable the modules (in groups according to their component) and plugins (accordign to their component), it seemed to me that the K2tools was what was conflicting with the MooTools Upgrade plugin (MooTools.version kept showing up in the browser console (chrome, ff and ie) as version 1.11 instead of 1.2.4.

I upgraded initially to Joomla! 1.7 and the K2 SVN 2.5(RC) showed up in the component list but I couldn't make any menu items of it work, as it wasn't even acknowledged by Joomla - it kept saying in the menu manager that "K2 component doesn't exist"...

So I had to start over and upgrade to Joomla v1.6.6 and now at least in the menu manager it recognises that it exists as an installed component, but I'm having other issues, for which I will post a separate thread.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone at least. :)

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99731 by Craig Pearson
Appreciate to info. I'm starting to think K2 is officially dead with no communication or updates and no one maintaining the forums (days of spam?). I will keep using it of course cause its still great but they really need to communicate with the community better.