Keyword

Fatal error: Call to a member function getLanguageFilter()

• Lee Coursey
  • Lee Coursey's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99735 by Lee Coursey
Hello all.

This is not my first go-round with Joomla.  I run about 30 sites with it, but I am not a coder.

I am attempting to redo my company page in a dev (XAMPP) local environment, and I am essentially starting from scratch.  I've done a clean install of J! 1.7.0 and I've used j2xml to transfer articles from one install to the other.

After a successful transfer I have used the Import function of K2 to pull over all our articles.  I then Trashed the articles in the Joomla content area.

I created a new menu item (I'm just running Beez 2 Default template and no other components except the j2xml importer) called "Everything" and pointed it to K2 categories (all of them).  The menu item "Everything" shows all the articles and their intro text, but when you click through on any article you get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getLanguageFilter() on a non-object in C:\Dev\htdocs\rdlj17\components\com_k2\models\item.php on line 25

Does anyone have any ideas?  Google is not helping me here.  I have looked for major and minor variations on this error and have failed to find anything helpful other than references to a Swear filter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lee Coursey
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99736 by Lee Coursey
Further, just to check, I have published an item using the Joomla content system and successfully clicked through to it without error, so it is only K2 that is errored out...

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99737 by william white
I assume your using k2 2.5 svn or rc version, If not try installing the latest 2.5 version

If you had custom overrides try disabling them.

• Lee Coursey
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99738 by Lee Coursey
I have not added any simply because I do not know where I do such a thing.  I'm very literally running a stock Joomla 1.7 install and the 2.5 RC version from the getk2.org front page.

Where should I look to check custom overrides?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99739 by william white
I would first check the template your using, just in case, switch it and see if it makes any difference.

I am currently testing upgrading from 1.5/2.4.1 to 1.7/2.5

I will report back.

NOOOOOOOJAZZZZZZZZZLikeHeJaZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

• Lee Coursey
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99740 by Lee Coursey
I have tested with an alternate template - one designed for Joomla 1.7 and K2 - Joomlart Template based on T3 framework.

Still get same error.

• Lee Coursey
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99741 by Lee Coursey
OK, I've been thinking about this.  I'm using working copies of the live site and this updated version.  Would I be ahead if I installed k2 on the working copy of the current site, exported using k2, and then imported in the new framework?

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #99742 by william white
The steps im using are

akeeba backup

upgrade k2 2.4.1 to 2.5 n j1/5 site

install jupgrade

ugrade to 1.7

reinstall k2 2.5 in the jupgrade directory

install a 1.7 framework/temlate

test and rebuild menu items etc