Keyword

frontend submission - some questions

• Maria Chellini
  • Maria Chellini's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #99791 by Maria Chellini
frontend submission - some questions was created by Maria Chellini
hello,

after searching and configuring I got it working that registered users can submit their articles.

But I still have some questions:

1: My users can submit articles but I have to check them before publishing. This is working but in the moment I check or modify them then MY name is set as autor and not the user who really created the article.... how can I change that?? I don't want to see my name there. The user created the article so everyone should see the REAL autor.

2: For creating articles in frontend there are some parts I'd like to hide because they aren't necessary:

Title Alias

Tags

Is it featured

Sidebar switch (when clicking at this the text has gone)

media folder (at picture tab)

how can I disable / hide these points??

thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #99792 by Alessandro Catania
Replied by Alessandro Catania on topic Re: frontend submission - some questions
I'm also interested in this, i want also to hide the category selection. I want that when a user click on a button to add an article in a category, the category is already selected and the user can not change this. How can i do?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #99793 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: frontend submission - some questions
@ Maria Chellini

1: Before saving the modified item you must select the author that has already written the article through the sidebar.

2: You can Hide/Show specific tabs only through the K2 Parameters under the Frontend Editing tab. To hide specific elements from the form could be done through CSS modification. Just make sure that the elements you want to hide are not required.

The css prefix you could use to target these elements is div#k2Frontend

@Alessandro Catania

You could restrict the category your users have access to through the K2 User Group they are assigned. That way they will not be able to choose another one.