Keyword

Videos

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99845 by [email protected]
Videos was created by [email protected]

When using You tube embeded into articles, how do I prevent the double click through to you tube, when clicking more than once on the video.

In other words, when a you tube video is displayed, if you click more than once it takes you to the you tube site, if you click once it stays on our sites and plays ..  There are sites that over look this, however others like face book have eliminated the problem...  What do you suggest

Additionally, you tube displays other videos to choose form at the end of the video, if you choose one it takes you to you tube one regardless of the clicks, how can we get rid of them...

Additionally with articles, how can we submit to Directories, create track backs, Ping to other sites, and promote to all Social Sites...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99846 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Videos
Hi mike gardner,

To prevent from other videos being recommended at the end, just use ?rel=0 at the end of the YT video ID

Eg: {youtube}DV81bAghxBU?rel=0{/youtube} So, it wont load the other recommended video and will just show the replay button once it finishes playing the video

For the article sharing, K2 has the features to share items and as for track backs maybe you can try Disqus commenting for K2. Check out www.joomlaworks.gr

K2 Rocks \m/

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99847 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Videos
Will this work on all authors published article videos, in other words I am not the author embeding the video, we are the administrator hosting the embeded video article, and would like to eliminate any reccommended videos by YT at the end of th video

Additionally, if you double click the Yt video viewer, member will find their selves on Yt and playing two videos at the same time, ours and now Yt ..  If you click only once it remains on our page, click twice or more member finds there selves on you tube, listening to two videos going on at the same time

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99848 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Videos
You will need to brief the authors about adding the ?rel=0 tag manually.

As for the double clicking of video, im not sure of any solutions. I normally click once to play any embed videos.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99849 by [email protected]
Replied by [email protected] on topic Videos
Hey Kannan,

Thanks for the post, and if you would, if you should come across a solution for the double click please let me know, it is rater annoying and I think common for some people to double click...

It is very odd to have both videos playing at the same time, and YT is not paying us anything to send them traffic. I thoght their logo was fair enough.

I have seen other sites (Face book) eliminate the problem, there must be a way