Keyword

How to remove 'Written on Thursday, 15 September 2011 11:51 in test Read 5 times'

• James Crawford
  • James Crawford's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99911 by James Crawford

I'm no developer or web programmer, so this might be a stupid question.

I have k2 installed and have published the k2 content module on my homepage. I am still testing it out. I want to remove the text under the item that says

'Written on Thursday, 15 September 2011 11:51 in test Read 5 times''

Please see www.gentlemanwatchcollector.co.uk

and I can't find out how to do it anywhere. I have been through all the configurations in the item, the category, the global configuration and all the joomla settings. Do I have to edit some code somewhere?

I am running Joomla 1.7 

Any help would be really appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #99912 by migs
I have what I think is the issue, and I notice you've fixed the issue on your site. Can you say how?

In K2 > Categories, the Item View Options in Category Listings, and the Item View Options both have "Hits" set to "Hide", but they still show on the front page. They do not show when viewing an individual item, just on the front page.

Latest Joomla 1.7 and latest K2 SVN

I even changed it in the item settings to "Hide", to no avail.

It's beginning to piss me off, so any help would be appreciated.

More
13 years 1 week ago #99913 by Simon Wells
If you have it set on your frontpage, what are you using to display the content, a menu item or module?

Simon

K2Joom

More
13 years 1 week ago #99914 by Simon Wells
The "written on" date stamp is displayed in either the category list or the item itself.

You can enable/disable this either category wide or per item, or even for enabling individual items when you have already set the category that it is in to disabled

Check the Category parameters (for all items in that category) by editing a category or for individual control, the Item parameters by editing an item.

Look for "Item modified date and time" under Item view options in category listing (category) or Item View Options for item view. This is the same for both category and item parameters.

The same principle works for other features too.

SimonK2Joom