Keyword

K2 on Joomla 1.7

• Bill McBride
  • Bill McBride's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99964 by Bill McBride
K2 on Joomla 1.7 was created by Bill McBride
I have the Rockettheme templete Radiance for Joomla 1.7

I have download the Beta version twice. and each time it appears to turn off all the javascript on my website. elliminating the  functionality built into to the Rockettheme templetes and extensions.

I realize this is a beta version but is this something inherent in the program,  a simple fix, or something I will need to wait till fully complient.   When I uninstall, the javascript is enabled the site functions fine.

the website is in testing at. test.kccurling.com/jupgrade/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #99965 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 on Joomla 1.7
Search this forum for javascript. I think i remember seeing issues with other versions, maby something about the ordering of things that get loaded...It may be an old issue, just showing up again

More
13 years 1 week ago #99966 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 on Joomla 1.7
Check the ordering of plugins, I suspect there might have to a change to allow template to load before K2.

SimonK2Joom 

• Bill McBride
More
13 years 1 week ago #99967 by Bill McBride
Replied by Bill McBride on topic K2 on Joomla 1.7
Hi, William,Simon

I have search the forum for a similair problem without much help.

I have looked at the order of the source code and presently, it appear to load the K2 javascript last. (just before  the body)  I have gone to the system plugin for K2 and the default ording put the plugin first at 0.  I have moved it to last but it doesn't appear to change  anything unless I need to wait for it cache.  I am not sure how to reorder the javascipt to load the K2 before the templete java.

• Bill McBride
More
13 years 1 week ago #99968 by Bill McBride
forgive me.  All the javascrip appear to be put between two <script> tags   the K2 line is close to the top
span class="start-tag"&gt;script type="text/javascript"&gt; window.addEvent('domready', function() { SqueezeBox.initialize({}); SqueezeBox.assign($$('a.modal'), { parse: 'rel' }); }); var K2SitePath = '/jupgrade/'; var rokboxPath = '/jupgrade/plugins/system/rokbox/'; window.addEvent('domready', function() { new GantryMoreArticles({'leadings': 0, 'moreText': 'Load More Articles', 'url': '/jupgrade/?tmpl=component&amp;amp;type=raw'}); }) window.addEvent('domready', function() {new GantrySmartLoad({'offset': {'x': 200, 'y': 200}, 'placeholder': '/jupgrade/templates/rt_radiance/images/blank.gif', 'exclusion': }); }); var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(); _gaq.push(); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); window.addEvent('domready', function() { var modules = ; var header = ; GantryBuildSpans(modules, header); }); InputsExclusion.push('.content_vote','\#rt-popup','\#rt-popuplogin','\#contact-form','\#vmMainPage') window.addEvent("domready", function(){ new SmoothScroll(); }); window.addEvent('domready', function() { new Fusion('ul.menutop', { pill: 0, effect: 'slide and fade', opacity: 1, hideDelay: 500, centered: 0, tweakInitial: {'x': -10, 'y': -4}, tweakSubsequent: {'x': 13, 'y': 0}, tweakSizes: {'width': 20, 'height': 20}, menuFx: {duration: 300, transition: Fx.Transitions.Circ.easeOut}, pillFx: {duration: 400, transition: Fx.Transitions.Back.easeOut} }); }); window.addEvent('domready', function() { }); window.addEvent('load', function() { }); window.addEvent('domready', function() { SqueezeBox.initialize({}); SqueezeBox.assign($$('a.modal-button'), { parse: 'rel' }); }); hs.graphicsDir = 'test.kccurling.com/jupgrade/plugins/content/flickrslideshows/highslide/graphics/'; hs.align = 'center'; hs.transitions = ; hs.fadeInOut = true; hs.dimmingOpacity = 0.8; hs.outlineType = 'rounded-white'; hs.captionEval = 'this.thumb.alt'; hs.marginBottom = 145; // make room for the thumbstrip and the controls hs.numberPosition = 'caption'; hs.wrapperClassName = 'highslide-borderless highslide-floating-caption'; // Credits to Flickr (required for use of the Flickr API) hs.showCredits = 1; hs.lang.creditsText = '&lt;img src=http://test.kccurling.com/jupgrade/plugins/content/flickrslideshows/highslide/graphics/flickr.png BORDER=0>'; hs.lang.creditsTitle = 'Go to the Flickr homepage'; hs.creditsTarget = '_blank'; // Add the slideshow providing the controlbar and the thumbstrip hs.addSlideshow({ interval: 5000, repeat: false, useControls: true, overlayOptions: { className: 'highslide-text-controls', position: 'bottom center', relativeTo: 'viewport', offsetY: -70 }, thumbstrip: { position: 'bottom center', mode: 'horizontal', relativeTo: 'viewport' } }); function keepAlive() { var myAjax = new Request({method: "get", url: "index.php"}).send();} window.addEvent("domready", function(){ keepAlive.periodical(840000); }); </script>

• BNR Investment Group
More
13 years 1 week ago #99969 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic K2 on Joomla 1.7
I would look at the browser that you are using as well. The site appears to be working in Chrome 13 on Win 7.

• Bill McBride
More
13 years 1 week ago #99970 by Bill McBride
Actuallly,  I removed the K2

I just downloaded K2 again and will keep in on the site for the next  few days.

I have Chrome as well and when I download it , it stops all the java on the website in both Foxfire 6, Chrome 14 and Internet Explorer 8

• Bill McBride
More
13 years 1 week ago #99971 by Bill McBride
After waiting patiently, and Posting on Rocket theme.

The Rockettheme people pointed out that a plugin call "System - RokGZipper" might be messing up the extensions when the K2 application was active.  When I unpublished this plugin.  All things worked with the installed K2.