Keyword

Can't transfer K2 content from site created on joomla 1.5+K2 to new project on joomla 1.7+K2

• Anna Petyaeva
  • Anna Petyaeva's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 week ago #100050 by Anna Petyaeva
I have an old site on joomla 1.5+K2. Now I created a new project on joomla 1.7+K2, but I wanted to use a part of my old site's content here too. I tried to import old DB to my new site, but had no success. There were mistakes. I decided to import just K2 materials and catogories and did it. I see all this srtucture in my back-end, but just empty main page  and pages 404 on front-end. And I can't create new articles. The mistake: Unknown column 'language' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `gor_k2_items` (`id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`

What is it? Is it possible to import DB from old K2 into site constructed on joomla 1.7+K2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 week ago #100051 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Hi Anna Petyaeva,

Did you try upgrading your old Joomla 1.5+K2 with the latest version of K2.5(RC), then later import the DB over, not sure if it will work but you can read this thread and the suggested links.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Anna Petyaeva
More
13 years 1 week ago #100052 by Anna Petyaeva
I didn't want to upgrade my old site at all. This is my mistake. I understand now an important thing - before exporting DB I should upgrade joomla and K2 - but I didn't want to touch my old site yet. It works well.

The matter is that I did the same thing with WP - when I moved to another hosting I installed there the newest WP and plugings and imported there my old base. And that worked. I wanted to repeat this thing with joomla too.Dut it doesn't work.

I'd better operate with joomla 1.5 + stable K2 and wait. Thanks a lot!

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 week ago #100053 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Hi Anna,

You can also check out this post by William White here.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Anna Petyaeva
More
13 years 1 week ago #100054 by Anna Petyaeva
Thank you. I've already returned to j1.5) It's a big oficial site, and I have no time to experiment. I'll upgrade both websites in spring.