Keyword

Suffering from lack of linebreaks

• Carissa A
  • Carissa A's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 week ago #100078 by Carissa A
Suffering from lack of linebreaks was created by Carissa A
Hi all, 

I'm desparately seeking a solution to my site's linebreak problem.  It's so unsightly... all the text is in one big lump.

www.bgc.ca/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=230:decisions-decisions”&Itemid=441

I had my webmaster use this fix "Just changed components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php to set up a new $brkinsert string and set it equal to nl2br($comment->commentText). Then, echo $brkinsert," but he said it made no difference.  

I'm currently using K2 v 2.4.1 on Joomla 1.6.  The above fix worked fine when I was running a previous version of K2.  Also, I was a little shocked that I even ran into this problem, as linebreaks don't seem to be an issue on the demo. demo.getk2.org/en/category-blog/item/2-k2-items-can-have-extra-fields

Should I not be having this problem in 2.4.1?  I would like my linebreaks back.  Any insight? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 week ago #100079 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Suffering from lack of linebreaks
Hi Carissa A,

What editor are you using? Have you tried JCE ?

I just used firebug and replaced all your   to <br /><br /> and used <p>some text......</p>- see the attached image.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Carissa A
  • Carissa A's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 17 hours ago #100080 by Carissa A
Replied by Carissa A on topic Suffering from lack of linebreaks
Hi Kannan,

Thanks for offering your help.

Unfortunately, the line/paragraph breaks are already saved in the content (when I edit the item in the admin section they show). Problem is the paragraph breaks get stripped by the system (converted to " ") before it is displayed publicly on the web.

I tried to open up the items with JCE on the backend, and I got this: 

Warning: JContentEditor::require_once(/home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/tabfocus/classes/config.php) [jcontenteditor.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/libraries/classes/editor.php on line 707Fatal error: JContentEditor::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/tabfocus/classes/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/libraries/classes/editor.php on line 707

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 8 hours ago #100081 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Suffering from lack of linebreaks
Hi Carissa A,

It could be due to some permission issues, try downloading Akeeba Admin Tools Core here and use the Fix Permission utility.

Which version of Joomla and JCE are you using ?

Carissa A said:

Hi Kannan,

Thanks for offering your help.

Unfortunately, the line/paragraph breaks are already saved in the content (when I edit the item in the admin section they show). Problem is the paragraph breaks get stripped by the system (converted to " ") before it is displayed publicly on the web.

I tried to open up the items with JCE on the backend, and I got this: 

Warning: JContentEditor::require_once(/home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/tabfocus/classes/config.php) [jcontenteditor.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/libraries/classes/editor.php on line 707Fatal error: JContentEditor::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/tiny_mce/plugins/tabfocus/classes/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/bgcca/public_html/plugins/editors/jce/libraries/classes/editor.php on line 707

K2 Rocks \m/