Keyword

Need 3 Latest Items module to appear in item but not in category view

• Geoffrey Mack
  • Geoffrey Mack's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 day ago #100209 by Geoffrey Mack
Hey there. I have a client that would like to have the 3 latest articles advertised in a module when the user is viewing an article. But she doesn't want it on the category view.

How can I do that?

btw, I've tried using "item navigation" which shows next and previous items... not what she wants. I've also thought of showing related items by tag, but that won't work because it will bring in items from other categories.

tl:dr how can I show a module on a item view without it appearing in a category view?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Geoffrey Mack
More
12 years 11 months ago #100210 by Geoffrey Mack
OK. Nobody replied, but I think I figured out how to do this (thanks to this thread: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1793337)

Now, how can I get this module to appear above the Disqus comments? Disqus appears to be part of the article, so I can't put a module position in-between the article contents and Disqus.

Suggestions?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 11 months ago #100211 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Hi geoff mack,

Maybe use the {loadposition moduleposition} at the end of your article ? The easiest way :) see here

K2 Rocks \m/

• Geoffrey Mack
More
12 years 11 months ago #100212 by Geoffrey Mack
Thanks Kannan. I thought about that. But that's not really going to work unless I can make it automatic. This client has several writers publishing up to 10 articles per day. Making them add this code to the end of every article seems a bit much.

I'm wondering if there's some way to sneak something into item.php to load a module. When I tried it, I put the load position code in there but it doesn't render the module... it just shows up as text.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 11 months ago #100213 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
No, you can't add loadposition syntax into item.php. You can get more info from this thread in K2 and forum post in Joomla.

K2 Rocks \m/