Keyword

2 different K2 installations in my Joomla 1.5

• Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
  • Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 23 hours ago #100224 by Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
2 different K2 installations in my Joomla 1.5 was created by Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
For some reason I have K2 installed twice. They seem to have different content. What would be the safest way to remove one of the installations?

This is what I think of doing:

1. backup the whole site (localhost) -- same issue on server

2. compare the 2 versions in detail and delete categories/items from one of them.

3. Backup again

4. Uninstall the one that has the deleted items (hope I get it right).....or

5. go into db and manually delete duplicate K2 lines with least content

Does this make sense? Can anyone suggest another way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 13 hours ago #100225 by william white
Replied by william white on topic 2 different K2 installations in my Joomla 1.5
Before trying to sort this out, how didyou get k2 installed twice and not over the top of each other...? Do you have a copy of the site in another directory or subdomain?

• Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
  • Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 hours ago #100226 by Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver
Replied by Anne-Marie Pollowy Toliver on topic 2 different K2 installations in my Joomla 1.5
Hello William,

I have no idea how it happened on my website. However, after my hard drive crashed, I FTP'd the site from my server to my localhost (my backup was outdated ...my bad).

What I have now on localhost

1. Under Components, two K2 entries

2. Two separate K2 dashboards (they both show up, but I can click on one or the other)

3. Under Modules - duplicate K2 modules ( have tried to clean this up)

4. In MySQL db one one set of k2 related entries (categories, items, etc. no duplicates)

What I have on the server

1. Under Components, two K2 entries

2. Two separate K2 dashboards (they both show up, but I can click on one or the other)

3. Under Modules - duplicate K2 modules ( they are still there, I am trying to clean from localhost side)

4. In MySQL db one one set of k2 related entries (categories, items, etc. no duplicates)

The problem is that the content of categories & items is different in some cases.

So, unless you have a better idea (of course you do), and since I am re-structuring the site with changed categories but same/similar items, I will go through the site, comparing the 2 K2 sets, using only one as the primary. Then I will backup, export all K2 related items from db, uninstall K2, reinstall K2, import db K2 items.

That's about it.

You are welcome to take a look at what's on the server -- you have accessed it before, although I did change password :-)

Thanks

Anne-Marie