Keyword

sh404sef not working with k2 has anyone solved this yet

• tim
  • tim's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #100275 by tim
Hi i am new to joomla 1.7 and have been using joomla 1.5 but i have found that sh404sef is not working with k2 and would like to know if anyone has solved this problem.

I am using world news 2 template with the k2 installed. but when you activate the sh404sef to get modules working on the content pages, you get the following

www.in2town.co.uk/index.php/2011-10-03-22-23-33/gavickpro-test/soap-gossip/item/33-hollyoaks-star-leaves-show

which is not a friendly url

If you get the sh404sef working then you cannot put a module on the content page of all the category such as an advert for all the articles under showbiz news.

Now the staff at world news2 who have been trying to sort this out have said there seems to be a problem between sh404sef and the k2 component and i would like to know if anyone has come across this or the solution

i look forward to hearing from you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greii Worldwide, Inc
More
12 years 11 months ago #100276 by Greii Worldwide, Inc
Replied by Greii Worldwide, Inc on topic sh404sef not working with k2 has anyone solved this yet
The new Gavick templates are having an issue with this. I simply switched to "Joomla!Router" in SH404 Configuration to get all my menu links back and will just have to deal with the long url's until Gavick supplies a patch. I am using the same template. It was suggested by Anything Digital that I tear it down and install a fresh J1.7.1 and use just the template and not the quickstart and it would work because they have seen this issue before but I am on a live site, so I'll just wait for Gavick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.