Keyword

large spaces appearing at the beginning of item - esp. on home page

• lillianfidler
  • lillianfidler's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #100305 by lillianfidler

the site is www.jimfidler.com and you'll see on the home page that there's a large space appearing before the actual text. I basically want this to disappear! I can't find any way to do this. By looking in firebug for firefox, I see that it's a div.itemToolbar - I'm not that familiar with css or html, so if it's a coding issue, I would need some help with that. 

Thanks in advance!

Lillian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #100306 by william white
The space is your item toolbar, not sure whats going on, try setting the toolbar not to show in this category and see if it vanishes

• lillianfidler
More
12 years 11 months ago #100307 by lillianfidler
Thank you, I'll give that a try.

• lillianfidler
More
12 years 11 months ago #100308 by lillianfidler
I've turned off just about everything under that category. Are there specific things I should turn off? The only things I have showing are the title, intro and full text, social links and I think read more...  Thanks!

William White said:

The space is your item toolbar, not sure whats going on, try setting the toolbar not to show in this category and see if it vanishes

More
12 years 11 months ago #100309 by william white
Try turning off (in the item view for the category) font resizer, print button, email button, social button, anchor link to videw, image gallery, comment form, and rating (these are in the tool bar)

if that doesnt work you may need an custom override to comment out the tool bar or just fix whatever issue you have between k2 and your template.

Also, it could be cause from the home page setup somehow, some templates have "show main contetnt on home page"