Keyword

Featured Items NOT with different layout

• Lefteris
  • Lefteris's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #100440 by Lefteris
Hello All, this is my very first post in here and (Ihave to admit) the very first time I come across K2.

Well I received from a customer the request for updating simple things on his website, which is joomla! + K2.

Everything seems to be easy to solve, except for featured items. He fins annoying the fact that featured items have a page layout different from other pages. He says it's not coherent to the rest. In fact I agree to the fact that featured items are still items and therfore they should be presented in their own category, with the same menus and breacrubs.

So, the million dollar question is: how to edit that pages layout? it's six hours I'm ftp-ing every kind of php file and still cannot figure out how to edit that template.

Maybe if you could look at the site (www.tecnoffset.it) you can better understand what I'm talking (writing?) about.

Sorry for my absolutely low-level K2 knowlegde and for my bad English, but you all know...we Italians cannot speak any language but ours (:

Thanks in advance,

AskDado

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 11 months ago #100441 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Featured Items NOT with different layout
Hi Davide Vidal,

Welcome to K2 :D

Correct me if im wrong.. but you want just the featured items to have a different layout ? You can always make use of the MVC template overrides , see here and style the categories or items as you want. You can also create a menu item and select multiple categories and choose to just display featured items.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Lefteris
  • Lefteris's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #100442 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Featured Items NOT with different layout
Well, the problem is the opposite: all items in every category has a common layout, so i'd like to have featured items with the same layout as the others (considering that featured items have also a page in standard categories which has the layout i'm willing to use)

Thanks so much

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)