Keyword

How to add a template style to tag generated pages

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago #100552 by Sean Carney
I am trying to figure out the best way to add my template styles to the tag generated pages. also, I would like to add it to the search page. I am assuming I would create a category called Tags and then put a sub category for every tag. then I would assign the template to the categories and build menu items to them. But, that sure does seem like a LOT of work. Is there a way to assign a layout to a category. In particular I have made my Joomla articles text wrap by modifying the Lifestyle template from Joomla bamboo. I would like the tags to do the same. Here is an example tag page that I would like to have text wrapping:

jbtest.drcarney.com/activities/engine-2-medical-director/itemlist/tag/Linda%20Carney%20MD

Here is a sample of a category page where the text wrapping is working:

jbtest.drcarney.com/activities/engine-2-medical-director

Any creative ideas to do this would be very appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100553 by Lefteris
Hi. Please take a look at the documentation at the K2 templating section. You can create several templates and assign them to categories.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sean Carney
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100554 by Sean Carney
Thank you very much for your reply. I am actually not asking about how to apply templates to categories. What I am asking about is tags which are NOT categories. I am trying to figure out the best way to apply my templates to the tag generated pages.

Do I have to create a menu item for EVERY tag that i create?

More
12 years 2 months ago #100555 by Lefteris
Yes. Tag lisitngs have only one override. If you need seperate override for each tag you need to create menu links.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Sean Carney
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100556 by Sean Carney
Hmmm... Interesting.... Actually, I am NOT needing a separate template for each tag page. I am just wanting to assign one template to ALL of the tag pages. On my site now I am using the 'lifestyle' template from JoomlaBamboo for all of my Category pages. I want to use the same template for all of my tag result pages. Is there a way to set up once a preference for which template to use for tag pages? So far I had the idea that K2 did not have a flexible way to do this? I would also love to know if there was a way to use the same template for search pages but that is not very important. The tag pages are very important so that the tag results will use the same template as the other content pages.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100557 by Lefteris
K2 overrides the tag layut per template... But of course this can be changed. Make only one override in your template ( /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_k2/tag.php) and then ensure that you have no other instances of tag.php in your K2 templates. This way K2 should find this file. Please let me know if that worked for you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---