Keyword

Item descriptions display at category level.

• Ron Kinney
  • Ron Kinney's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100623 by Ron Kinney
I've reinstalled K2 and added the image gallery pro in hopes of solving my "simple item" issue. I've got it working basically as I want except for one thing and I can't find the setting to fix it.

I'm working on this site:
Coobs Guitars

On the top menu click on the right hand image gallery. the problem Im having is the item description text is displaying at the category level. I'd like a short category description, and a longer more detailed item description, Category descriptions do not display at all. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm very new to k2 and I've spent way to much time trying to make this work.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 2 months ago #100624 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Item descriptions display at category level.
Hi Ron,

Have you tried separating the description that you want to appear in the category view and item view with a readmore hr tag.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Ron Kinney
  • Ron Kinney's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100625 by Ron Kinney
Replied by Ron Kinney on topic Re: Item descriptions display at category level.
Thanks for that suggestion. I can make that work

On Second thought.....

I just tried that and only the text above the read more link displays at the category level and in the item. If I put the read more link at the top, no item description displays anywhere.

It really seems that the category description should display at the category level but I can't get it to do so. I've checked and rechecked settings.

BUT, if you have one item in the category, It's description displays at the category level. This just doesn't make sense,

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 2 months ago #100626 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Item descriptions display at category level.
Hi Ron,

That's why we have introtext feature in K2, you can show and hide it.

If i have 4 paragraphs of text in an item view i would insert a readmore after the 1st paragraph, this will show in category item view and the whole 4 paragraphs will show in item view when readmore is clicked.

When you say category description - is it the main category or are you referring to all the items in that category?

K2 Rocks \m/