Keyword

Modules Not Showing on Homepage Articles

• Josiah
  • Josiah's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100627 by Josiah
As you can see on my page, I have the home page linked to K2 > Categories just like the Blog test menu and Blog. When I follow a read more or title link on the Blog or Blog test menu page, it loads the article with the modules on the site and keeps the path in tact as "Page" > "Category" > "Article name". However, the links on the home page don't load with the modules AND the page structure simply states home instead of "home/blog" > "category" > "name of article". The menu items are set up identically, so I'm not quite sure why the links are different.

The links are showing up as component/k2/itemetcetc instead of page/itemetcetc.

Website is test.toppindesign.ca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josiah
  • Josiah's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100628 by Josiah
Still having this problem. Tried playing with breadcrumbs to no avail. Looks like on the home page it follows this URL structure: test.toppindesign.ca/index.php/component/k2/item/5-morbi-molestie-fermentum-sem-quis-ultricies

where as on the blog page it follows: test.toppindesign.ca/index.php/blog/item/5-morbi-molestie-fermentum-sem-quis-ultricies and on blogtest: test.toppindesign.ca/index.php/blogtest/item/5-morbi-molestie-fermentum-sem-quis-ultricies

How do I get it to follow that structure from the home page like it does on the other pages?

More
12 years 2 months ago #100629 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Modules Not Showing on Homepage Articles
Hi. Try to make some menu links to K2 categories ( even hidden ones ) so that K2 can detect an Itemid.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)