Keyword

JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes

• Nilton Pereira
  • Nilton Pereira's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100643 by Nilton Pereira
JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes was created by Nilton Pereira
Hi,

I'm new to K2 and AllVideos (working with K2 for three weeks now). I'm also new to all this community and forum interaction thing since I normally find my way by reading other persons solved problems.

But this time I'm really lost and I don´t seem to find a solution.

Problem:
I created a category named "Videos" that will only have items with videos (one video per article/item) embeded from Vimeo or Youtube, whatever the client sees fit. The idea is to have the category displaying the articles normally in columns and having the preview of the video in the item category list, with the title, text, et cetera.
So far so good.

The problem is that I can´t seem to define two different sizes, one for the preview and another size when we're in the item.

I don´t know if I can define different sizes for an uploaded video (with all K2 options in the item view and item category listing it seems I can), but with an embeded video (with the width and height defined in Youtube) I just can't define different sizes.

If I define that I want a smaller size for the video, K2's media bounding box will have that size I defined, but the video will be displayed with the original size, getting outside that black bounding box.

So, what I need to know is: can Item View Options in K2 change the width an height of embeded videos? Or am I just experiencing some technical issues?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100644 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes
Hi. You can upload an image and use it as thumbnail in your lists. Alternatively you can resize the videos with CSS.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Nilton Pereira
More
12 years 2 months ago #100645 by Nilton Pereira
Replied by Nilton Pereira on topic Re: JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I can edit the css for the video preview? I didn't think I could do that effectively since the video link comes with that exact size information.

I'm gonna give it a try.

• Nilton Pereira
More
12 years 2 months ago #100646 by Nilton Pereira
Replied by Nilton Pereira on topic Re: JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes
I hate when the solution is right under my nose! :p
It worked like a charm.

Again, thanks a lot.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100647 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 2 months ago #100648 by MikeA
I guess I am even newer to K2 and Allvideos than you are, because even with the suggestion "you can edit the size of the video preview in CSS" I still don't understand how to have one size of player in the item and another size of player in the category listing. Please help! Thanks.

MikeA

More
12 years 2 months ago #100649 by Lefteris
@MikeA

You need to know CSS language to do this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 2 months ago #100650 by MikeA
Thanks for the reply. I actually do know enough CSS that with a little help from this board I could get this to work. I thought it was good practice on boards that if you solve what the topic is about that you include how you solved it for future reference, but this topic doesn't include that.

I think I have to use the .allvideos object as described in this post here but even that thread doesn't have a clear, working example. Any help would be appreciated.

MikeA

• Nilton Pereira
More
12 years 2 months ago #100651 by Nilton Pereira
MikeA

When I was digging the internet for a solution I never thought of editing the CSSs. I was so focused on the idea that there was a solution inside K2's options, that I never searched other ways of doing what I wanted to do.

It's always the same thing when I have this kind of problems: when I google stuff and I can't find a clear answer, that's because the answer is REALLY under my nose :p

More
12 years 2 months ago #100652 by MikeA
I'm glad that you found your solution. maybe my nose is bigger because I'm still trying to learn this. By "editing the CSS" I can create a class with the allvideos videos inside and set it's display to none like this

.vimeoclass {
display:none;
}

but I want the class to be hidden when it is inside a catItemBody div (the Category List view) but not hidden when it is inside a itemBody div. How do I do that?

MikeA