Keyword

JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes

• Nilton Pereira
  • Nilton Pereira's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100653 by Nilton Pereira
Replied by Nilton Pereira on topic Re: JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes
I see you have a "vimeo" class. In my case I have a category where all the videos will be and, as I've said before, I wanted the category view to show thumbnails smaller than the video. So, if I had an embedded video with 420px X 315px, it would be this size in the item view, but not on the category listing.

I achieved this after editing K2's CSS. I just changed some bits and created a more specific rule targeting the 'iframe'. So, at the end I had this piece of code:

div.catItemVideoBlock {
margin:0 0 16px 0;
padding:16px;
}
div.catItemVideoBlock div.catItemVideoEmbedded {
text-align:center;
}

div.catItemVideoEmbedded iframe{
width: 240px;
height:180px;
}
div.catItemVideoBlock span.catItemVideo {
display:block;
}

I'm not sure anymore, but I think I just added the "div.catItemVideoEmbedded iframe" code. The rest was already there, styling K2's video block.

So, in your case, you might need something that looks like this:

div.catItemBody .vimeoclass {
display:none;
}

This way only videos inside the item will be displayed. If you changed "div.catItemBody" with "itemBody", then you will be hidding the video inside the item.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, I just hope I could help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• etkritikonspoudon
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100654 by etkritikonspoudon
Replied by etkritikonspoudon on topic Re: JW Allvideos embeded video multiple sizes
I am going to be politically incorrect and say that the easiest way to get a nice video blog with videos displayed in category view and item view and be resized according to the user's wishes, is to install ZOO cck, create an blog app instance, assign a media element to the teaser and full item view, define its dimension in each view and you're done...

K2 has an incredibly well commented code, very friendly to the developer, but it forces users to become developers to get the some of their minimal requirements in presentation and function implemented...

As a layman or an average-Joe, I was able to configure my site to 100% of my requirements in less than one day of using ZOO, without even having to consult the available documentation, while I've been reading K2 forums and guides for weeks now, trying to get K2 to display as I want...

That's not to say that K2 does not have advantages over ZOO, but for a non-developer needing to concentrate on creating content instead of spending valuable time on technical issues and maintaining all the overrides, ZOO is like a breath of fresh air...
No need to install additional extensions -beside Widgetkit- either: GoogleMaps, Flickr images, Disqus (or Intense Debate) comments, galleries, videos, addthis, form capabilities etc are all available and integrated in ZOO

Being greek and having devoted some time translating K2 (and reading about it), I would love to be able to use it, but there are a lot of things that should be available as options which instead necessitate "getting your hands dirty in code"...not that I don't like learning, but I celebrate usability and time efficiency even more...

Despite that, if K2 were to "learn" a few things from ZOO, I would be happy to adopt it instead...will be following the forums either way...

More
12 years 2 months ago #100655 by MikeA
Nilton,

Thank you very much for your help. This is exactly what I needed!

MikeA