Keyword

[SOLVED] Strange URL Behavior (Latest Joomla and K2)

• Chris
  • Chris's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100658 by Chris
Hi,

I was just wondering if I could get some information regarding a random occurrence I'm having with K2 URLs.

I just recently installed the latest Joomla 2.5 as well as the latest version of K2. My theme is operating off of Gantry Framework (First time user of the framework) I have enabled all SEF URL params in Global Configuration.

When I make a menu item to display a blog category/categories when I click on any blog item I get the following url issue

website.com/dev/our-blog/item/8-latest-updates3.html#.T_5px_WcVA0

I am concerned about the last bit of text #.T_5px_WcVA0

Why is the # and post text displaying in my URL's and how can I remove it so that it's just a standard URL?

Thank you for your time!
Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100659 by Lefteris
Hi. This is an anchor, probably used by your template. Please take a look at the layouts included in your template. K2 is not generating those.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #100660 by JJ
Hi

I am having the same issue with gantry and K2. Did you find a solution to this?

More
12 years 2 months ago #100661 by Lefteris
As i mentioned before, the anchor is not added by K2. Since it's coming from the template you need to ask at their forums about how to remove it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Chris
  • Chris's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 week ago #100662 by Chris
In case this is still an issue for anyone, make sure you check and see if you installed any AddThis code into a global template. There is special tracking code that alters ALL urls.

At the time of my original post I didn't know this was the cause. I randomly came across this thread so I figured I would update it in case anyone has a similar issue.

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

More
11 years 7 months ago #100663 by Jan Sorensen
Replied by Jan Sorensen on topic Re: Strange URL Behavior (Latest Joomla and K2)
I found the same type of code added to all my items after installing a code for Share

when I found it I cut the code and the tagline of the url was gone.
Then I of cause added the code again and there it is.

I put the code in the "Parameters / Social (tab)" Social button code

Here is the code i put in:

<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
<a class="addthis_button" href="www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=300&pubid=ra-512c876878639e1f">s7.addthis.com/static/btn/v2/lg-share-en.gif" width="125" height="16" alt="Bookmark and Share" style="border:0"/>
<script type="text/javascript">var addthis_config = {"data_track_addressbar":true};</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-512c876878639e1f"></script>
<!-- AddThis Button END -->

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #100664 by Stephen Crewson
Replied by Stephen Crewson on topic Re: Strange URL Behavior (Latest Joomla and K2)
Thanks for the insight. This saved me some frustration and time as well.

Since it was tracked down to AddThis - I searched and found some additional info:

support.addthis.com/customer/portal/questions/353303-strange-code-added-to-the-url

Explanation for Code:

Looks like you've enabled address bar tracking which appends those parameters to your URL. They're there so that we can collect analytics when someone copies the URL out of the address bar instead of going through our sharing tool. It shouldn't affect people linking to your site and can provide insight into what content is the most popular on your site.